Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

I just wanted to do a quick intro and say hello; I just signed all the papers and drove home with my new 2005 Graphite Grey EShift yesterday!

I purchased it at Lexus of Kearny Mesa with 110 miles on the odometer. I live in Escondido and work in Del Mar, so you may spot me in/around those areas the most, but also in downtown during baseball season. :)

I moved to San Diego from northern Virginia in 1999, and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. As far as my personal car history, I started on an '88 Camry, then stepped up to a '94 Taurus SHO in 1998. When I moved to SD, I kept the SHO for a few years, then a friend I met out here hooked me onto MR2's... I purchased a '93 naturally aspirated MR2 in 2000, but lost her in an accident in 2002. I purchased a '93 Turbo MR2 about 6 months later, but wasn't really happy and sold her and picked up my '03 MazdaSpeed Protege as my first new car. It was a very nice car, but it had some issues and I always wanted more power (and to get back to RWD).

Now, I've got a good job and could afford it, plus I'm not a huge fan of the upcoming '06 redesign, so I figured now would be the time to upgrade. I shopped around, found what I wanted, and made the deal - so here I am. I'll probably be a minor lurker on here for a bit, as I get to know people and the car as well. Hopefully, I'll also get my lazy rear out to a meet or two. :p

- John

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
welcome to the forum! hope you're enjoying your car! the SD guys are a good bunch. :)

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
congrats on the purchase!

welcome to the boards.

assuming your commute from escondido to del mar is via the 56, you would probably spot me on there :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Congrats on the new car and welcome to .net. BTW, don't take your IS back to Kearny Mesa Lexus for service. Go to either Bob Baker Lexus in El Cajon or Carlsbad Lexus.

·
Registered
285 Posts
^^ yes i agree. everytime i take my car there something always goes wrong? ie..scuff on bumper(they buffed it out), grease stains on my tan seats, etc..not worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

MikeeyMikee - It's a new 2005 IS; sorry about that - I completely forgot to include the year. :rolleyes: Edited the post to reflect that.

Kraze8 - I actually go down Del Dios now; it's closer as I live right near it, on Via Rancho Parkway, plus shorter and quicker - only 16.4 miles one-way, and about 20 minutes. But I'll keep my eye out anyway. :)

Wow, surprised to hear they're that bad for service, but I'll trust your judgement. Carlsbad is actually more convenient for me anyway... Heck, I'd have bought the car there too, but they were trying to jerk me around on the price, so I went elsewhere. But it's always good to hear about places to avoid, so thanks. :)

- John

·
Registered
282 Posts
SDLexus said:
Congrats on the new car and welcome to .net. BTW, don't take your IS back to Kearny Mesa Lexus for service. Go to either Bob Baker Lexus in El Cajon or Carlsbad Lexus.
Hummm..I've been taking my car their since they sold it to me and I've never had any problems.

BTW..welcome to the IS family! Enjoy your ride. :)

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
oh yeah.. forgot about Del Dios. Yeah, that's actually the same route my friend takes (same commute as you)

also I agree.. never go to Kearny Mesa Lexus. Bunch of A-Holes there. I've had nothing buy bad experience there. That is one dealer I would NEVER recommend.

Bob Baker Lexus treats customers good, and are mod friendly.
I've never had any experience with Lexus of Carlsbad though.

BTW... there is a tentative San Deigo meet set for Nov. 12th. :) check the thread for more details.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey congrats, i might see you, or you might see me, i drive daily mon-fri
on 5-sometimes805 to UCSD, im a student there, i got a 04 thundercloud sportdesign, on weekends im occasionally in Del Mar hanging out with some friends, enjoy your new ride ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
=Paintchip= said:
hey congrats, i might see you, or you might see me, i drive daily mon-fri
on 5-sometimes805 to UCSD, im a student there, i got a 04 thundercloud sportdesign, on weekends im occasionally in Del Mar hanging out with some friends, enjoy your new ride ;)
Awesome - I just graduated with my BA (History, PoliSci minor) from UCSD earlier this year! :)

- John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts