Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the New IS is making it's tour around SoCal...it's now going to Lexus of Glendale tomorrow. so if you're in the area...here's your chance.

Here's more info...
Click Here

·
Registered
37 Posts
So...I made it to Glendale. First off, this thing is way smaller inside than my '04 Acura TL, which sucks. The fit & finish left much to be desired, but this was clearly marked as a prototype. The marketing rep from corporate advised that there will be no Mark Levinson in the U.S. This will be the case for the initial cars, and likely will be the case for the entire run of this generation. Both Park Assist and Mark Levinson will be custom order options only.

Overally, I really like the look. As everyone else has said, you really need to see it in person to appreciate it. The dasboard lighting was great, and I played with the navi, which rocked as well. It is definately not much more than a baby GS, but, in my opinion, that is not a bad thing. The dasboard lighting was great, and I played with the navi, which rocked as well.

One last thing...pricing. The marketing rep said that a fully loaded 350 w/o Mark Levinson or Park Assist will be about $44K or so. He pegged the 250 at $35K "the way we will build and release them". Basically, they will start off a lot cheaper than $35, but Lexus US won't be building many (if any) of those.

The car is gone before noon, so hurry and see it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just got back from Glendale Lexus. Missed the new IS by 45min. Sucks. Floor salesman, said they should be getting them in about 2 weeks? On my way out I snapped some pics of some new Lexus rims.
Dont know if any of you guys have seen these yet, but they looked tight!

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
i think someone else makes those rims, and that dealership put Lexus center caps on it.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I have my name down on the list for a new IS at Keyes Lexus and my sales rep called me last night to let me know that the prototype will be there today, 9/7/2005.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
squan said:
Just got back from Glendale Lexus. Missed the new IS by 45min. Sucks. Floor salesman, said they should be getting them in about 2 weeks? On my way out I snapped some pics of some new Lexus rims.
Dont know if any of you guys have seen these yet, but they looked tight!
Yes those are from left to right. 18" Tourmaline wheels and 18" G-Spider wheels. These are both Genuine Lexus aftermarket accessory wheels for the New GS.

·
Registered
557 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
i think someone else makes those rims, and that dealership put Lexus center caps on it.
Damn really? Thats sounds ghetto of Lexus. I really like the mesh though.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Flipside909 said:
Yes those are from left to right. 18" Tourmaline wheels and 18" G-Spider wheels. These are both Genuine Lexus aftermarket accessory wheels for the New GS.
THanks Flipside for the info. BTW I didnt take pics of the new GS430, but the interior of that thing is amazing! The metallic gauges are insanely pimp and the short automatic stick looks real good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts