Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
"Engine specs weren't finalized, but we managed to extract figures from chief engineer Suguya Fukusato that are pretty close. The smaller six will generate about 220 horsepower and 184 pound-feet; the larger six should pump out a healthy 310 horsepower and 266 pound-feet."

hmm... either that's old information, or they're going by the older HP ratings... which means that the 204hp under the new SAE rating is about 220hp by the older scale? i sure hope so, cuz i personally find it hard to believe that lexus would actually decrease the HP.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I posted that article here not too long ago.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I think this the article someone mentioned was strange, they say they were the first ones to drive the new IS but it seems they were the last ones to write about it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
I think this the article someone mentioned was strange, they say they were the first ones to drive the new IS but it seems they were the last ones to write about it.
The writer Peter Lyon is indeed the first one ever to post an English test drive review of the new IS, whose report first appeared on 6/24 at http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=9875&vf=7&bg=24&pp=0 .

From then on, the same Peter Lyon article has been rehashed, rephrased, and reused in other magazines such as AutoExpress and now Car & Driver. It's the same article from the same person in the end. He does give the new IS the highest praise seen anywhere though.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts