Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I just bought a used 01 IS300 with 120k miles and the last maintenance that's linked with the VIN is from 2005. I replaced my tires that were extremely worn on the inside, got an alignment, and fluids but I am hearing a clunking noise from the front driver side wheel area. I've taken it to 3 different inspections and they have all stated my ball joints are fine, suspension is fine, and wheels are fine. I hear the sounds when I am reversing slowly, turning slowly, hitting any tiny bump slowly.

I am planning on checking it myself this weekend but want to see if you guys have any insight on the issues.

Do i trust the inspections or not? 馃槀

ps: if this is the wrong place to post this, let me know.

Registered
Hey y'all. I just bought a used 01 IS300 with 120k miles and the last maintenance that's linked with the VIN is from 2005. I replaced my tires that were extremely worn on the inside, got an alignment, and fluids but I am hearing a clunking noise from the front driver side wheel area. I've taken it to 3 different inspections and they have all stated my ball joints are fine, suspension is fine, and wheels are fine. I hear the sounds when I am reversing slowly, turning slowly, hitting any tiny bump slowly.

I am planning on checking it myself this weekend but want to see if you guys have any insight on the issues.

Do i trust the inspections or not? 馃槀

ps: if this is the wrong place to post this, let me know.
I would look at the caster bushings on the number 2 lower control arm.

Registered
When i bought my is seller told me it was the balljoint too but it was the front rearward bushing that was gone both sides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts