Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
WoW! That is quite diff. from the pic I posted a few weeks ago. I really don't think there is a REAL pic except for the one in Auto Week and C/D. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Did you guys see the Honda coupe on the same page.. its at http://www.geocities.com/busybeetoys/scoop/edn25.htm .. towards the bottom.. a coupe version of the S2000.. looks like a cross between an IS and a Prelude or something.. rear wheel drive and 250hp.. should be interesting.. there was also a supposed Honda IS300 fighter.. but it looked more like a 1986 Acura Legend to me.. or a Chevy Malibu or something..

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
It seems like Mercedes Benz pioneered that headlight design and different automakers seem to be copying that... Even the Lexus SC430 headlight resembles that of the S-class..(at least that what I noticed at the NYC Autoshow)
Eric...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This industry is full of copy cats. That is why people are clamoring over the TT and the VW Bug. It's not so much a technological tour-de-force, but a design tour-de force. Same thing with the PT Cruiser; it breaks the mold.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not being funny, but the Japanese have never really been known for great creativity. They are known for taking an existing product and tweeking it to make it much better.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I agree with you there lyndon
japanese are not known for inventing, but they are known for improving/developing existing products.(or is "upgrade" a better word choice?)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reminds me of a supra.

On the vtec.net site, they said that in addition to the'02 integra coupe, Acura is also developing a new RWD sedan based on the S2000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts