Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts

Yeah, it looks like a Dodge all right... God damn they really fuked this one up!

[This message has been edited by VBGOD (edited November 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ohhhhhh cool another car we will see with cheap bite off altezza rear lights great job acura awsome looking..........

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by NYIS300:
Ohhhhhh cool another car we will see with cheap bite off altezza rear lights great job acura awsome looking..........
those aren't chromed-out like the altezza/is300. in fact, they're very similar to the older integra tails, with the exception of the larger circles that protrude from the general casing outline.

open your eyes

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with Geoff...The tailight design resembles more of the previous generation Integra than anything else. However, it does still have a touch of IS300 (slightly clear and round circles) and some BMW
(the lower round edges, which is also present in the front headlamps of the BMW 3er).

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Is it me or does it seem like Honda is trying to copy the design of the skyline? Look at the tail light of this new integra and the overall body shape of the current Prelude. Why can't Honda design another S2000 looking car? THat is pretty original and good looking.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Those wheels look a little bit like IS300 (or BMW) design. But these are probably artists mock-ups anyways.

Those tail-lights look like BMW headlights, (shape), nothing like IS300...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if this is it, i actually *kind of* like it! it look spretty aggressive, and heck, who cares if everyone bites offe ach other, it's bound to happen. too bad its still a 4cyl with serious torque issues =( when will honda learn? =) low end torque is so much more fuN!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
if you ask me..it looks like a damn dodge intrepid...but its supposedly suppose to be a merge between the prelude and the integra..its also going to get renamed..

·
Registered
387 Posts
if this car is as the way it is on the picture.

if it has double-wish bone suspension.

if it's rwd.

if it's around 20K.

I will take it over any car anyday......who wouldn't?

·
Registered
994 Posts
That car looks like a cross between an integra and a civic. It's pretty butt ugly in my opinion. I really hope they design it more in the way of the prelude (more angular).

--k

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
more like a cougar, looks like a cross between an accord shape, a camaro front end, and a cougar rear.

Originally posted by geoff:
those aren't chromed-out like the altezza/is300. in fact, they're very similar to the older integra tails, with the exception of the larger circles that protrude from the general casing outline.

open your eyes

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It's not that great looking, but if it's got 220 hp, rwd, and costs around $20K, it's probably the best deal possible.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
172 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
It's not that great looking, but if it's got 220 hp, rwd, and costs around $20K, it's probably the best deal possible.

black/ivory
17"

Seems like the article is too good to be true. Not sure about the hp (I am very skeptic of it), but I know it's not going to be rwd and it won't even have front double wishbone suspension.

If it does turn out to have 220hp....well, the current TypeR w/ 195hp(?) cost $26K, how did they figure the new one will be $18K?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
honda is realizing that all the new cars are having higher and higher hp ratings and that they're getting left behind

Originally posted by Benster:

Seems like the article is too good to be true. Not sure about the hp (I am very skeptic of it), but I know it's not going to be rwd and it won't even have front double wishbone suspension.

If it does turn out to have 220hp....well, the current TypeR w/ 195hp(?) cost $26K, how did they figure the new one will be $18K?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
honda is realizing that all the new cars are having higher and higher hp ratings and that they're getting left behind

Well....almost every car goes thru the cycle where its performance is ahead or at least up to par w/ their competitors upon release of new model, but then slowly trails as competitors introduce new models themselves in the following 4 or 5 years.

Honda's cars seem to hang in there pretty well, as far as hp is concern, in each of their respective class. IMHO of course.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
21 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing