Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I need some new shoes for my whip :). I have 225/40-18's. My 300 is lowered on H&R's. I really want the Potenza RE960AS Pole's. Here are my options; Poles, Eagle F1, Yoko Avid W4s, or Fuzion Zri. I really want the pole's but there is quite a price difference between those and the Fuzions (93.10/ea versus 168.82/ea). I really never would do this but cash is a lil tight right now and I know they are just going to get driven hard and worn out earlier than one would like. I know the ZRi is a straight up summer tire while the others incorporate a slight A/S capability. The tread rating of the ZRi is 320 A A while the other are 400-420 AA A. So with this being said, what would you guys do? Should I suck it up and get the potenzas or eagles or just get the somewhat ok ZRi's and run em hard??

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been doing some research......has anyone tried Nexen tires?? Either the N3000 or N5000 models?????

·
Registered
609 Posts
You could watch the forums here and elsewhere for tires. I managed to pick up a set of Michelin SP2's for $600. They're normally 225.00 ea. I bought them with wheels but sometimes you can find someone that will sell them seperately. Just a thought...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone tried Nexen before? I've been doing more research and it seems, for the price, it wouldn't be a bad tire

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Yeah, falken ziex 912s.

The best deal I found on any tire online was onlinetires.com
I guess it's only really a good deal if you're on the west coast in order to save on shipping.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna try some Nexen N3000. Only 65.49 ea plus 45.00 shipping from tires4less.com

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
That's not a very good deal. I got my falkens in 235/40/18 shipped to my doorstep for $420.

Onlinetires.com has those N3000s in your size shipped to my zip code for $311.

Just fyi.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got them 308.44 shipped to my door. I thought that wasn't a bad deal?

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Oh, I thought since you listed 65 each + 45 shipping that you meant they were charging 45 shipping each.

I didn't realize you meant ($65x4)+$45 shipping as opposed to ($65+$45)x4. My bad.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got them, WOW they do look like really nice hoops. Sidewalls seem nice and stiff but not rediculous. Tread feels softer for good bite but not like a perelli p zero (treadwear 280). Pretty excited, just need to figure out how to get my goofy locking lugs off post; http://my.is/forums/f95/stillen-wheels-356358/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts