Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was surfing the net for info on the IS 300 and I found this forum. It's very cool! I am in the market for a new car, and while my budget is about 21K-24K, I am in love with the blue IS 300. I found a 2001/low mileage in San Diego for 25K, I'm in Los Angeles - maybe i will make a road trip. Does anyone have advice on if it's worth spending nearly all my savings on this car? How is it insurance-wise? Repairs better than BMW? Where are the best places to search for a deal? Thanks for any info..

-Amy

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Welcome...

You can do a search on www.kbb.com, to see what's the value of a used 2001 IS.

Insurance rate will depend on your driving record, martial status, and other things.

Repairs will be cheaper than BMW, most definately.

You can check for deals @ www.carsdirect.com

·
Registered
683 Posts
hey, im sure you can find a nice is300 in that price range, go up to the dealer and test drive one, make sure you like it. insurance aint too bad, but it depends on a lot of factors

i would say try autotrader.com theres always something on there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for the ideas on places to look..those are two sites i have not yet visited. i'm also looking at 2001 honda prelude. you know i have never been a huge lexus fan..but the IS 300 caught my eye. it is a great looking car!

~ amy

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i would definitely get the is300 over the prelude, it looks and handles better and plus it's rwd

good luck with your future purchase

·
Registered
244 Posts
i made the same transition as u are considering: saturn to lexus.
all i can say amy is- its like night and day, nuff said.

go with the prelude and u'll regret it everytime u see an IS blow by you.

best of luck :chill:

·
Registered
115 Posts
new here too. definately get the is300. better car and usually the best service. and the loaner cars are great for service time. honda im sure only has a shuttle service from the dealer. it is cool driving some of the other lexus models for the day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts