Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ppl..I just joined yesterday. I'm getting a Lexus IS300 SportDesign this year or next year. Notice I'm only 15 turning 16 this coming November. Is there going to be any new things or upgrades that Lexus will do to the car? I have been waiting a few years to be old enough to drive and get a car. I'm planning to fix up my car if my parents will let me. Well is there anything new that I should just wait and buy the newest one instead? I'm just wondering that now.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
welcome to the board lil man, good luck in finding the right is for you. but the 2004 model's will not have much upgrade i believe. well it's up to you that if you want to purchase a new one or old one.

-ringo

·
8,880 Posts
Welcome and stay safe.
You will here more than often that 16yr old doesn't belong behind the wheel of an IS. There is much truth to that. Try to prove otherwise. Learn how to handle it and don't abuse the knowlege. Otherwise, you might be up for a big disappointment.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Try not to rice it out too much.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Sport Designs were only available for 3 months, April, May, June (maybe May, June, July). Well, anyway they dont make them no more. They said they only made around 3,000 over those months. Most dealers should still have some left though.

·
8,880 Posts
newlex said:
16 and getting an IS? You must have a good job....what do you do for a living?
2 keywords in the first post:
Parents, 15.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there wont be a sport design next year? thanks for telling me that now. vlad_a, how come you dont think i should behind the wheel of an IS? if i could handle a gs300 and a rx300, i could probably handle this one. these cars are my parents' and brother's. i wont rice it out too much. i like it the way it is, but i just want it faster and have more stuff in it. i currently dont have a job. its hard to get one when your 15. and my parents trust me a lot. it took me awhile to get them to buy me a car like this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
unless your filthy rich or your parents enjoy fixing up cars, i highly doubt they would give you money to fix it up. after all, a lot of things void the warrenty.

getting your parents to buy the car for you is a big enough step.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i know. i guess filthy rich? but i dont like that term. wouldnt jdm parts be under warranty? thats what im planning to buy. all of the money would be out of my pocket not them, thats for sure. im not even sure if i want to fix it up wen i do get the car.

·
8,880 Posts
EndlessWaltz112 said:
vlad_a, how come you dont think i should behind the wheel of an IS? if i could handle a gs300 and a rx300, i could probably handle this one.
:eek: :lol: :lol:
Backing a car into a garage is not considered "handling it." :lol:
You're 15 yr old. Face it, how much experience do you have?
IS is a moderate powered RWD sedan. It can be very unforgiving at times (speaking from experience).

As I stated before either be smart, learn how to drive and don't do anything crazy, or be prepared for a disappointement. Not many parents will buy another IS, should the previous one be rendered useless.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I just dont want to see pics of your purdy IS300 wrapped around a guard rail b/c you couldnt handle it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vlad_a said:
EndlessWaltz112 said:
vlad_a, how come you dont think i should behind the wheel of an IS? if i could handle a gs300 and a rx300, i could probably handle this one.
IS is a moderate powered RWD sedan. It can be very unforgiving at times (speaking from experience).

As I stated before either be smart, learn how to drive and don't do anything crazy, or be prepared for a disappointement. Not many parents will buy another IS, should the previous one be rendered useless.
you think i dont have enough experience? i've been driving at least for a year already. and you dont think i have driven in the streets before? i dont do anything crazy and i do know how to drive.

·
8,880 Posts
EndlessWaltz112 said:
vlad_a said:
EndlessWaltz112 said:

you think i dont have enough experience? i've been driving at least for a year already. and you dont think i have driven in the streets before? i dont do anything crazy and i do know how to drive.
No, I do not think you have enough experience. Why do you think you pay so much for insurance? :-?
Once again, don't do anything stupid, keep in mind what I said before and you'll be alright. 8)
No, I don't want to put you down. It wasn't too long ago I was the same way as you are. Life teaches a lesson or two in its process. That is what is called experience.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont pay that much for insurance. since i got honors, theres a discount on insurance when you have good grades. thats what my parents tell me. yeah, i know i will need more experience. and i wont do anything stupid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
16 years old????
ugh. learn the value of a fuckin' dollar before you have your parents buy a brand new car for you............nevermind an IS.
thats rediculous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know whats a value of a dollar. this isnt ridicolous. damn no one has no positive comments for me besides get more experience (that i know of for sure) and be careful. all i asked for was about what would be new for next years IS and if they will still have the SportDesign.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts