Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
I read the audiworld posts, that's a great board, much better than bimmer.org (more friendly and helpful). I like the A4s a lot, just a couple of things I don't like:
(1) No leather, and sport seats only in cloth, regular seats not very supportive.
(2) 5 speed manual is as good as 3 series, or Hondas (integra - my car, prelude etc.). The A4 5 speed is easy to miss shifts - though much better than VW shifters. Short shifter kit will help, but still it's a negative.
(3) The 2001 1.8T is already boosted higher than the 2000, so the effectiveness of chipping will be reduced (no chips available yet).
(4) Stock sport wheels are ugly.
(5) The nose plows in turns, needs an aftermarket suspension.
So the A4 1.8T is not a good car if you're gonna drive it stock, but if you will spend $4000 for chip, suspension, wheels and tires, it'd be nice, but then it's $32000. If money is no object I'd get an S4 instead.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Better yet, buy a decked out A4 from someone at audiworld.com, there's tons of guys who are buying 2001 S4s and want to sell their low-mileage '99 and '00 A4 1.8Ts.

Originally posted by halogen:
I'm gonna buy a new car soon but can't decide between an A4 1.8T and IS300.
here is the link to the thread I posted on the Audiworld.com http://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/a4/msgs/301963.phtml
U guys have any comments?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anhother concern is handling.
I've driven the IS and it handles great.
I haven't driven the A4 but... although it has quattro its weight distribution is 61/39.. kinda (don't know, bugs me?)-> Like a FF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Test drove the A4 today.
Almost satisflied but...
A4's suspension is WAY too soft even with the sport package.
The 2 cars are as comfortable as each other but the A4 rolls WAY more the the IS during conering and emergency lane changing... when scared me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts