Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here from Wisconsin. I have a 2002 GGP IS300 manual with just under 250k on it. Haven't done much to it since i got it a couple months back besides got some rust patched with painting the whole passenger side of the car, I tinted the windows 35% and I fixed the crackhead audio system install. I'm still not sure if I will keep the car long term though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
nice!! What wheels are those?

Where in WI?

How much did you pay for it?

Do tell about the crackhead stereo system?

What made you buy an IS?

oNe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice!! What wheels are those?

Where in WI?

How much did you pay for it?

Do tell about the crackhead stereo system?

What made you buy an IS?

oNe
The Wheels are OZ Racing Ultraleggera 18".

I'm in the Southern part of Wisconsin. About 45 minutes from Milwaukee where I bought the car.

As far as the stereo system goes. I worked as a car electronics installer for about 5 years and I can tell that this was originally done nicely by a shop probably when the car was new.
It was an amp bypass with a 4 channel amp with new wire running to the doors for the component speakers. The guy I bought it from (claiming to be a Lexus tech) did some hardcore no-nos as far as car audio goes. Wire nuts, power wire extended with electrical tape, scotch tape on wires, t-taps, tweeters with no capacitors so they were blown, amp not bolted down etc. It was bad. I cleaned it all up and replaced all the speakers that were blown/damaged by the allaged "Lexus tech" that I bought it from and put in a Double din Sony radio as well.

I bought the IS300 because I wanted a nice RWD Manual daily driver. I work from home doing remote technical support now so I was able to get rid of my Acura CL that I was using as a daily driver to drive an hour each way to work at my last job. I had the Acura as a daily since I had to drive far for work and it got 30+MPG, and now I bought an IS300 since I don't have to drive far as much and the 20MPG isn't too bad now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello, I live in Southern WI as well. 30 minutes South of Milwaukee, however, in Delafield often (West of the Mil). I'm mentioning as I have an interior and or a smorgasbord of additional, small parts I've compiled since my overhaul.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm in Waukesha, if you need help with anything that is. Car looks good, you're lucky to have found a manual. #Jelly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wisconsin as well here.

Make sure to check out the JCE10 Midwest group on Facebook!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm also in Wisconsin! I live in Shorewood, but currently my car resides in Muskego. I didn't realize there were so many people from WI here haha.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. I saw a white IS300 at Ruby Tuesday I believe it was a few weeks back in greenfield. (might have been longhorn steakhouse I can't recall which it was) by the time I came out the car was gone. It looked real nice. I don't use facebook so I can't join that group unfortunately.
I have since installed a header and o2 simulator. I may be doing all new brakes soon as well as a timing belt since I'm not sure when it was done last.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greetings fellow Wisconians! I am from Oconomowoc originally but live where Uncle Sam and the Air Force pay me to live nowadays. I visit often and love the summers on Oconomowoc/Okauchee Lakes. Definitely moving back there when I retire from the Force.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your front driver side wheel is not the same. I was looking at it like wtf. I would've talked dude down in price even more for that.

But other than that nice ride. Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted with the progress.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Nice GGP.
Fix your melted dash lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts