Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone new here and the question might've already gotten answered at another thread. I have a 2010 IS250 (Not Factory Xenon Headlight Model) and recently installed new headlights with the LED strip. The factory headlights has the High beam as the DRL before, and now with the upgrade, instead of the LED strip acting as the DRL, the High beam is still turning on when the low beams are off.

Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

Headlamp Automotive lighting Black Vehicle Light

·
4,797 Posts
This is normal. If memory serves on that year. The DRL are the high beams on half power. There is no way I recall to separate it. People have been trying to figure out the same thing on the first generation for a very long time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is normal. If memory serves on that year. The DRL are the high beams on half power. There is no way I recall to separate it. People have been trying to figure out the same thing on the first generation for a very long time.
Hmm alright. I've been reading up on it and from other thread it looks like I'll need to have the dealership disable the DRL function and just have to turn my parking lights on for the LED strip to run. Tryna see if anyone else has the same situation. Thanks for the info tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts