Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hmm arent those quite a bit more the brian crowers?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
These Cams are way better I have the BC cams and they sucked, took 20 shims to lash them. Thats why I got these. I sent them the vvti cams and Titan did there magic.
The BC cams suck because you had to shim them?

·
Registered
543 Posts
The BC cams suck because you had to shim them?
I am sure he meant that it took insane amount of shimming to get them set up correctly. That does suck because these cams aren't supposed to be regrinded cams and shouldn't need that much shimming.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea my BC 272's were a breeze to set up even with me converting to shimless buckets... The difference in the buckets i replaced was minimal.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
anytime you install cams your going to have to reshim the buckets so that your valve clearances are in the right spec. I dont care if they are BC, HKS, or Titan Motorsports cams your going to have to check and reshim your cams. and some spots of the cams might need a thicker shims but that will happen since its an aftermarket cam.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hmm i had to shim alot for mine, but I assumed that is normal

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
Also shimming is done due to engine wear....thanks paul for info
Would be nice if the coming of another cam set would bring down the prices a little...But ill continue to wish in one hand and shit in the other...And only one is going to fill up..

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
will these work on the 2jz-GE VVti as well?

Someone else asked the question on supraforums however it never got answered.

If the GE engine is boosted with a thicker then stock HG, yes they should work. If its N/A I am not sure it all depends on the amount of lift and valve to piston clearance. The last thing you want to do is install cams with a high amount of lift and have a piston hit a valve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.