Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brandon... are there any plans to release a new version of the Eagle F1 GS-D3's anytime this year???

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Ya I thought they were out. Im actually thinkin about putting these on my new wheels.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're not talking about the All Season one are you??? I want the max-performance summer model. I think the one you are talking about is a different Eagle F1 model.

This one perhaps?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea... but I'm looking for info on the GS-D3 type of tires. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have all season (crester's pic) and it is awesome. Stickier compare to my dunlops. Decent in the snow, good in the rain and even better on dry pavement.

IMO its a good buy.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
No idea... but I'm looking for info on the GS-D3 type of tires. :)
Crester, why don't you give RE01R or AD07 a try? If max performance summer tire is what you're looking for...
RE01R has amazing grip!! I've tried it on my friend's WRX. Don't know about AD07 but it's suppose to be on par with RE01R...

·
Registered
409 Posts
i think the new F1 summer tire is the F1 Assymetric. Just ordered a set. Nice write up on tire rack vs the other max performance tires

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
It's hard to go with these reviews from people out there. Don't get me wrong it's a nice tool to be able to use it. But some people opinion of "great" tire is quiet different from others or vice versa.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's hard to go with these reviews from people out there. Don't get me wrong it's a nice tool to be able to use it. But some people opinion of "great" tire is quiet different from others or vice versa.
not sure who/what that comment was directed at, but i was referring to an actual Tirerack test, not customer feedback.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep we just hooked Larry up with these

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/goodyear/gy_eagle_f1_asy_ci2_l.jpg

Not quite as cool looking tread pattern wise but they are great performers, not a whole lot of customer feedback yet on them but the test data is strong.
Haven't Asymmetrics been around for a while too? This may be a new model... but there's always been an "Asymmetric" line.

lol... the Eagle F1 line is always so hard to compare with people because there are so many different models with the Eagle F1 name on it.

I know this isn't a way to judge tires... but that Goodyear Asymmetric looks so simple...

Anyways... I'm wondering if there's an updated version of this...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't know about the new ones but the old ones are good. However extremely expensive.

My old man used to run the old models on his A4 quattro and I recently talked him into FK452's and he loves them. Paid like half the price of the Goodyears and he says they grip just as well and don't make any road noise.

I've used them for drifting and loved them for that as well.

Just food for thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts