Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The name Ecsaine is being changed to Alcantara. No change in the material itself. Solar Yellow, Electric Green, and Intensa Blue are discontinued. Indigo Ink is the new blue, there is a new green but I can't recall the name, and there is no replacement for yellow. Otherwise, that's about it.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I heard that Yellow was discontinued, didn't know about the others.

Glad to see they're replacing Intensa Blue instead of just dropping it. Spectra Blue was better than Intensa Blue so hopefully this new blue will be closer to the original colour.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
IBP hater!! :bitching: 8)
Wing Zero said:
I heard that Yellow was discontinued, didn't know about the others.

Glad to see they're replacing Intensa Blue instead of just dropping it. Spectra Blue was better than Intensa Blue so hopefully this new blue will be closer to the original colour.

·
Registered
46 Posts
solaryellow said:
The name Ecsaine is being changed to Alcantara. No change in the material itself. Solar Yellow, Electric Green, and Intensa Blue are discontinued. Indigo Ink is the new blue, there is a new green but I can't recall the name, and there is no replacement for yellow. Otherwise, that's about it.
They're getting rid of IBP? :eek:

Darn, that was the color I ordered too (well, I just told them "blue"). Just in case this info pans out I need to go to a Toyota dealer and see what the Corolla/Matrix blue looks like. Hard to tell from their website whether it's lighter, darker, or almost-the-same-but-not-quite.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
It's a sad day now, I really like the IBP, I would of ordered that color instead of the GGP...:cry:

·
8,803 Posts
So is my yellow gonna fetch more when i sell it due to the limited production of it....?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Corrections

Sorry, checked my source again. Electric Green continues unchanged. There are two other new colors: Savannah Metallic and Bluestone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I got the last solar yellow. Just picked it up last week and I also herd they were discontinuing the color.

Oh and by the way I have had nothing but compliments on the Solar Yellow. No offense taken n2knee, but I don't think solar yellow looks like a taxi!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
BTW alcantara is the materical used in the Audi S4, it is just like the door material on those with the full leather interior package on the IS

1 - 20 of 31 Posts