Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum and apologize for the lengthy 1st post, but decided to pass along our brief Lexus history -

After months of looking and test driving different vehicles to replace wife's 2001 Acura CL-S, she had a short list of cars she liked that fit in our budget. She was steadfast at getting another coupe, because that model type mostly carried the sporty look she was wanting, low mileage and was interested at trying another color than the red that the Acura had.

The short list for her was the 2006 ~ 2009 Mercedes Benz CLK350 (really wanted the Grand Edition), 2010 ~ 2012 Honda Accord Coupe, 2007 ~ newer Infiniti G37 Coupe, 2008 ~ newer Nissan 370Z, 2007 Audi A4 and the only sedan, the second generation Lexus IS250/350.

Audi dropped off the radar quickly with the several driven, had one or another type of annoying noises and lackluster road feel. 370Z wasn't practical with no useable trunk. She liked the Lexus IS250s that were driven, as well as the MB CLK350, being that she adjusted quickly to the feel and felt confident. Unfortunately, the Lexus was set aside because of the relatively higher price tag it carried in this area, with the criteria it had to meet. Also the Honda Accord coupe she really liked (blah - saying to myself, so boring and had FWD, which I disliked.)

Last weekend we were driving up to drive another MB and a Lexus IS caught my eye in the used car lot of a Mazda dealer, with a price that fell into our price bracket. Turned around for her to take a closer look at. I saw that it was a IS350 (saying to myself, bonus!! More HP!!:approve:). It had been owned prior by a realtor lady for 2 months prior, buying it CPO at the local Lexus dealer. She had traded it in for one of Mazda's SUV.

Turns out, the dealer had made a mistake pricing it as a IS250, even though he ran the VIN before pricing to run a history, while working with the trade-in. For whatever reasons...finally a break in our favor with all this. The IS350 has all the added options of the time installed in it as well. Anyways, she has another red car and a mighty fine looking red it is. Kudos Lexus.

Myself, I've been a long-time past owner of Toyotas P/U and SUVs, before the current truck below. Nothing but high marks with dealer relations and the vehicles owned. Looking forward to years ahead with another from the Toyo family and glad to have moved away from the Hondas. :)

Pics to follow after finishing the detail this weekend and tinting on Tuesday.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Congrats.

Is it a Sport package or Luxury package?

Pics to follow after finishing the detail this weekend and tinting on Tuesday.
If it's not sport pkg I would suggest drop the car by an inch later down the road as it makes the car look so much nicer. Be sure to put in F-sport swaybars. Along with stiffer suspension it'll make the car super-sport.

Honda Accord looks sooooooo normal. It's just a car. But the IS is different. You get a new level of styling and elegance, and premium build quality.

Can't wait to see the pics.... again, congrats. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added the options list to my sig. Agreed, build quality and styling is top notch!

Thanks Cheez and for the heads up on the F-sport swaybars. I'll look into those, but my plan is for any future mods to augment or enhance what this car is providing from the start. I don't want to tee off the little woman with her new baby, but with that said, she's all for tweaking to improve.

Funny you mentioned that Honda Accord. She was coming out of the supermarket yesterday and mentioned there was a 2011/2012 Coupe parked beside her. It shared the same red color that her Acura had and even though the coupes are much more attractive than the sedan version, she was feeling pretty good about herself with the choice she had made. No regrets is music to my ears after months of our search. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts