Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Finally, chiming in. Installed this 2 days ago. No issues at idle & throttle is indeed more responsive. Initially was going to remove the throttle body from intake manifold for easier install. But I opted to install with it still assembled so it took longer as i did not want to remove all the parts(bolts/hoses) It seems like this lock is more appreciated near upper rpm/redline. I'll post an update if any issues.
This is good to hear man. And can you confirm that your cruise control still works?

How is the low rpm response now, like when you're driving in traffic and need to step on it to get into an opening?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Low rpm feels about the same as before install. I hear the intake a tad bit more than before. More pronounced near higher rpm/redline.
I rarely use cruise control so I didn't think to check if it still functions. Will do later today.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday, and have the stiffer pedal as well. I don't think it's too big of a problem really, you just need to adjust your driving in traffic but when you put the pedal to the metal it doesn't matter. I could tell it opened fully when I had the whole throttle body off in my hand at my work bench. I still don't know why it would be stiffer though.

I'm considering doing the LS400 VVTI throttle body soon, just wondering if I could use this type of throttle lock on that throttle body as well? Anyone know if it'll work?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed my throttle lock today.

02 Manual, and the difference is amazing. The input lag is pretty much gone and my acceleration is much more peppy.

I no longer need to wait for the RPMs to slowly drop when shifting and heel toe is much more direct and clean.

There is a stiffer pedal, it takes some time to get used to.

I believe you can install it without taking the TB off completely but it seems like a bigger PITA if you try to do it in the car. If you take your TB off it's a good opportunity to clean it!

Happy with this cheap mod

·
Registered
220 Posts
This part sounds interesting...anyone install it in an auto? better throttle feel? more responsive? any downsides? Please chime in if you installed it in an auto! Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
What would happen if this were installed on a manual car, and the DBW motor was completely removed to avoid the stiff pedal? I'm assuming this would throw a code, but would the car work fine otherwise?
I believe it will make the stock ECU mad and possibly mess with the cold start idle, but I'm not sure. I've done this sort of mod and added a GM idle control valve but, I'm running a different intake manifold and standalone ECU to control the idle.

·
Registered
986 Posts
It throws a code and goes into limp home mode when it cant sense the motor or the TPS reads different to the motor.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts