Lexus IS Forum banner

New face of IS300 05

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  HoustonGGP 
#1 ·
New Toyota Altezza / Lexus IS
The next Toyota Altezza will follow Japan's new model development tradition: competely new looks unrelated to its predecessor. Toyota will even ditch the inline six cylinder engine which started life in the Supra JZA80 model from the nineties and replace with a new V6 engine. The biggest capacity version will likely put out more than the BMW 330i's 231-hp, to remain competitive. With an expected curb weight less than the 330i, the next Altezza should provide dazzling performance. A M3 competitor will be developed by TTE and possibly with the assistance of Brabus, the famous German tuning house :see this site for a pic www.geocities.com/busybeetoys/scoop
[/url]

#8 ·
RedOne said:
i dont see anything!! i wanna see the picture!
TTE pics were already shown
Two TTE prototypes were produced.
One is FI with a supercharger and the other NA.

Rod Millen has just been contacted (in July or August I forget) to build a 430 prototype here in the US (since TTE is Europe based).

Toytota has not made any decisions in regards to the 2005 IS just yet.
Quit spreading rumors

#10 ·
goldark said:
RedOne said:

Rod Millen has just been contacted (in July or August I forget) to build a 430 prototype here in the US (since TTE is Europe based).

Quit spreading rumors
how u know about Rod Millen?? never heard about that mentioned ever before...

TTE is the equivalent of TRD USA....by Toyota

I thought it was Peter Farrell who is secretly working with Lexus on a turbo model to be available thru the dealer?

thats what i heard..... :crazy:

#13 ·
I thought it was Peter Farrell who is secretly working with Lexus on a turbo model to be available thru the dealer?
is this the one in chicago? i think it was just a one time thing..

nehoo..its looks ok... it does remind me of the accord tho :-?
the 5000GT looks awesome :D

#14 ·
tsopranoMB said:
goldark said:
RedOne said:

Quit spreading rumors
how u know about Rod Millen?? never heard about that mentioned ever before...[/quote}

The Rod Millen story was reported by Autoweek, so it seems to have at least some credibility. The original story and follow-up discussion have been posted here. Do a search & you should find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.