Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across a good deal last week, a buddy of mine sold his is300 and never put his goodies on the car.. I convinced him to jus let it go and ill prob. get something.. I picked up a VIS authentic carbon hood + trunk.. yes that and a trunk for 600 bucks. both new still fresh in the box. plus the fig's hood prop kit.

checked even ebay and the hoods and trunk new are around $600 each.

so this saturday we took off my oem parts and replaced them, perfect fitment and I think it goes good with my colour. he also had a extra HID balast (SET) for his IS and we worked them into my fogs. he had JDM yellow HID bulbs. he doesnt even know the brand. it has a 9006 harness wich is good since my fog housing is 01' and the bulb locks right in..

also i painted my lower grill a mate black <--if thats how you spell it.. to blend with hood.

any suggestions?

current ideas:
-smoke side markers
-thats all i thought of. lol

had a good monday/tuesday and had a buddy grab some pics and vid for me.

-----------------Video

-----------------Pictures

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
YESSSS! Raw'R than'a bi**h.

·
Registered
91 Posts
:worship: :loveit:
It's everything I wantd my car to be. Verrrry nice! I'm jealous!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the vids are off a digital camera..don't look to sharp lol. It's my first time actualy trying to get videos done. I just wanted to see what the car looked like rolling.. the hood latch locks down really good, are hood pins really needed? ive herd of a latch kit as well, or is it safe this way?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Looking very good.
I have the VIS carbon fiber trunk, carbon fiber hood, and Carbon Creations carbon fiber fenders, and I've noticed that just my trunk is turning yellow. I'm guessing I'll have to polish it, and get it re-cleared?!?
Anybody have a solution?
TIA

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking very good.
I have the VIS carbon fiber trunk, carbon fiber hood, .........and I've noticed that just my trunk is turning yellow..........
TIA

My buddy did tell me i should go get both re-cleared or jus a sealant??? is that cmmon with VIS carbon fiber?

what bodykit is that? looks great
the kit is a WALD kit, all molded in. I didnt get the fenders. I'm looking for them at a decent price or even knock off's. <- how's fitment on knockoff WALD flares?

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Very Very sharp car. Love everything you did, especially the color. + rep for you! :approve:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nasty looking man i like it...trunks sexy +++

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
makes me want cf hood and trunk. lol

+rep

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What Junction Produce parts do you have on the car? (I noticed the sticker on your wind shield)
I wanted to try a VIP style with the IS but scne the money I was gonna have to fork out for the look.

with the whole air ride setup and style.
right now on the way I have the JP Fin antenna, thier blue LED Dumm alarm with 2 badges, and a Rear platefor shows, so I can take my plate off.

Are those Volks?
these are not volks, or g-games style 77-wolf. While driving the look close but you can tell fom the lip, it isn't as big and I think volk lips in the style are chrome,

these are a Panthr knock-off. the whole set ran me 1350 with tires in 19". alot cheaper than the volks, letting me do some other mods with that exta cash.. they look real close tho..!!!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
looking hot as always. i love your car. those wheels esp. nice addition!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts