Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing alot about these plugs reciently and was wondering if anyone has used them yet in their IS and would like to know how they are working.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Im also curious about this.

Off topic i see you have an se-r. I just got rid of mine and got my IS. I sure miss it. What do you have done to it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
my se-r is setup for DSP as strickly an autox car and I have done just about all I can and keep it legal coilovers w/36 way dampening sways and strut bars front and back, light flywheel clutch I/H/E removed ac, moved battery to trunk, and run slicks. it is a very fun car and quite light I painted it with a chaulkboard paint so before each race my friends and I get to have a little fun with the exterior as well.

here is a quick pic of her

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
I honestly think it's just strong marketing, just stick with what came stock, it's just like Bosch 4s, I had good luck with those in my 300ZX but some people complained about them in 2JZs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought that as well but the design is a lot better than the bosch 4s and think that the tests that I have seen would prove true?? just hoping that someone has tried them in the IS to see how the motor likes them

·
Registered
328 Posts
Very nice rig. Wish i would of autoX my car when i still had it. Swapped a VE in and it mobbed. Pretty much had all boltons besides cams. Loved that car but had to buy the IS. Good luck with it and on the e3's

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I finally have an update on the e3 plug. I did the change today and I must say that there was a huge improvement. the car runs a lot smoother and also dropped my idle rpm, before it was around 1200 and now it is consistantly at 900 not really sure of any power gain but it does accelerate smoother thru shifts. and for less than $7 a plug they are well worth it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Maybe your plugs were already so far gone.

Idle at 1200 is not normal in most cars (sans race cars). I think something was wrong with the plugs and your car was raising the idle to compensate, because 1200 is not right at all.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no actually the plugs did not have any unusual wear and about the idle problem I asked people about it on the forum and searched and no one had any input so i assumed it was not that far out of wack, a little high but the car wasn't running rough.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Mine only idles above 1000 after a cold start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts