Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up .Net'ers, I just bought an '01 w/auto trans blue/black int. ,
it's got 60k on it and has some wierd front end clunks. I inspected the front suspension and didn't find any loose joints, bad bushings, or anything obvious. Anybody experienced this? I heard that Lexus spring pads have tendency to rub through causing this? I would appreciate some input....I had to disassemble and fix he indash changer, it works great now...some jackass was able to get 8 cd's in somehow.?? Well, hopefully i'll meet some of you guys soon, I work in Richardson if you see it around.

Dan

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
beamermon said:
What's up .Net'ers, I just bought an '01 w/auto trans blue/black int. ,
it's got 60k on it and has some wierd front end clunks. I inspected the front suspension and didn't find any loose joints, bad bushings, or anything obvious. Anybody experienced this? I heard that Lexus spring pads have tendency to rub through causing this? I would appreciate some input....I had to disassemble and fix he indash changer, it works great now...some jackass was able to get 8 cd's in somehow.?? Well, hopefully i'll meet some of you guys soon, I work in Richardson if you see it around.

Dan
Congrat's on your purchase Dan!

For the "weird clunks" - post your symptoms/findings in the Stop, Drop, and Roll Forum. I'm sure someone there will have some better input for you...

Check a few threads down in this South-forum, there's a meet coming up, you should be there!
(It's at JPI, a new shop, maybe he'd take a look for you?)

JPI - what do ya think? :wink: 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
have the same sound also from mine. someone told me about what it might be, but i forgot at this very second. lmk if you find anything out man! congrats btw on the purchase!!!

bloomer

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I have the stock shocks and stock springs if you want to buy them. I will be in the Big D this coming week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts