Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I finally got my new rotors in. This weekend I went for the installation.

Took me two days by my self. Changed all the break pads. Bleed the break fluid. Painted my calipers with duplicolor and put it all back together.

This weekend I only got the front two rotors and calipers done. Next weekend I'll have the rear done. And by then hopefully my Lexus caliper stickers will be in. They are running late in there shipment.

Overall It was a great experience and a great outcome for my first modification!

here are some pics after I detailed my car...

Gosh I cant wait for those caliper stickers!!! :approve: :approve: :approve:

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Looks good bro! I'm sure that you must have noticed the braking response too correct? Glad you got them hookup, they look great.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good bro! I'm sure that you must have noticed the braking response too correct? Glad you got them hookup, they look great.
Thanks man. +rep!

yeah I feel more safe and comfortable when breaking. No I don't have to worry about rear ending anyone when I go out for a drive.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep it up man. Next, pick up a set of tein s.techs.
I'm so confused when it comes to springs/coilovers/etc. What do these specific 'tein s.techs.' offer and what will I expect to see/notice/feel with them installed.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Looks really good. But I have to disagree with MoonlightSilver_IS, go with Eibach Pro Kits. They will drop you an inch all the way around and handle great. Ride quality is great as well.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
lol this was my first mod too. Took me roughly 5 hours to do all my brakes and paint my calipers red in my own garage (hand tools)

Im just about to install my Tein S-Tech springs. =)

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Looks really good. But I have to disagree with MoonlightSilver_IS, go with Eibach Pro Kits. They will drop you an inch all the way around and handle great. Ride quality is great as well.
Eibach kit is great, but the S.tech's is a lower drop with the same ride quality and slight better but not very noticable handling. I know cause i have ridden in all kinda of spring set ups. The prokits are great cause they are a complete assembly but of all the springs i have owned and ridden in, the s.techs are my favorite. You get a 1.6in over the 1inch drop too.

lol this was my first mod too. Took me roughly 5 hours to do all my brakes and paint my calipers red in my own garage (hand tools)

Im just about to install my Tein S-Tech springs. =)
Nice!

The tein s.techs create a 1.4 inch drop in front and a 1.6 inch drop in the rear. It closes the fender gap between fender/wheel well and wheel. It improves handling capabilities of the car as well creating less sway in the car during turns. Less drop on the back during initial accerlation and so on. I would recommend getting some shocks when putting on s.techs if you go that route. just PM me for more info.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Looks good, nice job! I also think stickers would set it off nicely.

·
Registered
152 Posts
looks great. I wish I had the time/drive to do it. Hahaha. :)

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, you need some caliper decals. PM me. ;)
For those asking I have already orderd white Lexus caliper stickers. The shipment is coming in later than when the rotors came in. They will hopefully be here this weekend to go along with doing my rear rotors/calipers as well.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts

My caliper stickers b4 I did my brakes.

My car after I dropped it today =D

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts