Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Here are the colors Italian Stallion received from the dealership.

It appears these are from a digital camera, so they're not going to be as accurate as seeing them in person, but close enough for those interested.

Thanks Italian Stallion (and Michael @ Hennessy of Gwinnett)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
thanks for posting that and finding that SilverLex and Italion Stalion, i was hoping for something dead accurate, so i can pick either the new blue or GGP.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks for posting the colors.

I hope these are not very accurate though… That gold one looks plain nasty! I was hoping for a little brighter (or softer) gold… oh well, I guess I’ll have to wait and see how it actually looks in person.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm sure they look much better in person.

No matter how good the camera is, it's tough to represent the true color with all the different variables involved (lighting, resolution etc). Plus, what you see on one monitor may be different shades on another depending on it's settings.

Perhaps a scan of these samples will be a little better.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm guessing these color's are pearl?

8N8 is the Blue
6R4 is the Green
585 is the Gold.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think these pics are pretty close. i.e., Compare them with the pictures on the Japanese web site, and they appear the same.

new gold SportCross: http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/AltezzaGita/exterior/images/ex03_svg.jpg

Obviously, you need to see it on a car. I suspect looking at the actual sample is still not the same as seeing the color on the car.

Originally posted by Gennady:
Thanks for posting the colors.

I hope these are not very accurate though… That gold one looks plain nasty! I was hoping for a little brighter (or softer) gold… oh well, I guess I’ll have to wait and see how it actually looks in person.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Scans don't work either. Because of the metallic finish and the clear coat they do not come across clearly. I have tried that before.

The only way to get the true representation is to see them in person. I saw them a few days ago.

The gold is brighter and has a metallic finish.
The green is a dark green with a metallic finish. It almost looks like a British racing green.
The Blue is not too far off from the SBM now. It is a metallic finish.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ok, i picked apart the blue scan with photoshop and got the four primary blue colors that were in the picture. i made boxes for each to be compared to, and then put underneath what i hoped it would be, and still might be as they are kind of close.

this is the blue i hope for, what do you all think?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Italian Stallion:

The gold does not look all that off from the Gita. When looking at the passenger mirror and the bumper I see color that was on the paint sample. On the hood it is shadowed so it is hard to tell.

IS300GTE, the blue from the Altezza picture looks pretty close to the blue that was on the paint chip

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The salesman Michael brought up an idea. Is there any way to convert the paint codes into either RGB or CMYK? Does such a conversion exist?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Each of the paint codes matches up w/ the Altezza & Altezza Gita info from the ToMoCo website:

585 = Gold metallic (exactly the same as that Gita pic)

8N8 = Dark Blue Mica (exactly the same as the Altezza pic)

6R4 = Dark Green Mica

3P0 = Super Red V (aka Absolutely Red)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
JW
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing