Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed my CarsonTuned body kit and wanted to share some pics. There aren't too many with this kit and even fewer Black Onyx CarsonTuned IS300s. I'm very happy with the new look of the car. Thanks to Ryan (flipside909) for helping me get this kit. Also, many thanks to Glen (RMMGS4) and Lucian (YisSerL) for helping with the installation.

I purchased the full kit, with fog lights, pre-painted from Steve Ganz and Gordon at Carson Toyota. I was very pleased with their service.

I also had Premier Mobile (Sam and his "crew") do the clear bra installation on my new front bumper last weekend. They did an amazing job and it came out very clean. This is my first body kit ever and obviously first time getting paint protection film installed. It was very interesting to watch them do the work. The edges were wrapped where possible and the unwrapped edges are difficult to see unless you're really close to the car. I think the result was very impressive considering the fact that the film edges usually show up more on black cars.

I don't have a lot of other pics of the whole car yet, but plan to take some tomorrow. If you're in the SF Bay Area, come check out the car and clear bra installation in person at EOSv4!

Here are the pics:
The stock front bumper was off the car in a matter of minutes thanks to Glen

Wiring of the new socket for the 9006 fog lights (my '03 came with H3 fogs)

Fogs installed into the front bumper with black silicone glue and metal tabs

Side skirts

I don't know how many people have installed the side skirts themselves or have seen them done, but I suspect that most people do not have them correctly screwed in underneath the car. It took us a little while to figure out how exactly they were bolted in under the car, but IT WAS INTERESTING TO DISCOVER PRE-DRILLED HOLES UNDER THE SIDES OF THE CAR HIDDEN UNDER THE RUBBERY UNDERBODY COAT.

Toyota engineers are ingenious, and it's nice that this body kit comes with authentic Toyota side skirts for the Altezza. The fit is excellent and the discovery of these holes proves they were made for the car. I'd be surprised if any other side skirts make use of these hidden holes (see below). (BTW, Glen was ecstatic when we discovered this. :D)

Rubbery underbody coat cut-out around one of the holes

Brackets that came with the side skirts plug into the holes and provide a secure anchoring point for the screw bolts that hold the skirts underneath the car

New front :)

Clear bra installation by Premier Mobile:
They came out to my house last weekend wrapped the entire front bumper and also covered the fog lights in around 3 hours. Sam even hand-cut the film around the sidemarker lights. You tell me if you can even see the edges. :)

I highly recommend Premier Mobile if you plan to install a clear bra on your car. They are a mobile service and travel all over the country. Given their experience, they are the only ones I would trust with custom body kits and bumpers.

Finished product

·
Registered
902 Posts
Looks absolutely beautiful. I LOVE the whole way your front end works with the heads, grill, sidemarkers and bumper, looks perfect. Interesting finds on the holes for the skirts, did not know about them myself, and I am not aware how many in the community are familiar with them.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Delta00 said:
Interesting finds on the holes for the skirts, did not know about them myself, and I am not aware how many in the community are familiar with them.
Yeah, we thought that was awesome. We actually accidentally left the side skirt installation instructions at a restaurant, but they were in Japanese and I don't think cutting away the rubber underbody coat was really shown in the diagrams.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

·
Registered
973 Posts
looks nice bro... can u post more pics from further front view please :)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bran1093 said:
looks nice bro... can u post more pics from further front view please :)
I'll try to when I take some more pictures at tomorrow's big NorCal meet.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
daehee said:
what kind of grill is that?
is that a custom made grill?
It is the EMR carbon fiber mesh grill, which is no longer produced.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
E12iC46 said:
Very nice...I havent gotten to see any onyx with the carson kit.
Thanks Eric, now I just need to steal your wheels.;) I only know of one other person who has a black CarsonTuned IS, happysmp, who I think may be getting rid of the kit.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
nice kit, love the clean look, btw can u PM me some contact info on the Premier Mobile that does the clear bra? thanx. :)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IS300eR said:
nice kit, love the clean look, btw can u PM me some contact info on the Premier Mobile that does the clear bra? thanx. :)
PM sent.:)

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
bchau_gt said:
Thanks Eric, now I just need to steal your wheels.;) I only know of one other person who has a black CarsonTuned IS, happysmp, who I think may be getting rid of the kit.
Digger08 also have the same kit on his black onyx... he's also from the same city as happysmp. :) The carson-tuned looks great on black cars.

BTW, good job on the X-pel.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dwards_is300 said:
did u get the clear bra from the guys that installed it? how much did it all cost you? looks really good!!!
No, friends helped me install the kit, but I went to Premier Mobile for the clear bra. If you're interested in pricing, then you should contact Sam at Premier Mobile ([email protected]). The cost can vary depending on what you want done and whether you have an aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Roswell said:
Digger08 also have the same kit on his black onyx... he's also from the same city as happysmp. :) The carson-tuned looks great on black cars.

BTW, good job on the X-pel.
Cool. I didn't know digger08 also had the kit. I'd like to see pics of his car as well. Aren't he and happysmp located in Toronto?

BTW, the film used is VentureShield, not Xpel, just to clarify for those interested.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts