Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Nice to meet you. Well, first things first...I'm coming to you from the world of the Audi! yeah, I have owned an Audi A4 1.8T for 2 years (I'm also currently the president of the local regions Audi Quattro Club).

So...I'm selling my Audi, and looking at an IS300 (loaded expcet for the 'chrome' wheels). I know LExus has a $610 Dealer holdback, and with that knowledge I was looking at making a deal of around $31,300. Is this fair? Will I be laughed at? At this price, the dealer is still making like $1,200 from me.

Also, any clubs in the area? Being president of a club, I know what it takes to get one started, and I have some contacts with local tuners already. if anyone is interested in starting one, let me know. Once I get my car I will look for all of you.

Later,
Chris

·
Registered
128 Posts
go for it. But you'll have to start lower then that so you have room for negotiation. Start at like 30,800 and work your way up to $31,300. If they don't bite tell them about how:

1. they have a $610 dealer holdback

2. They are making $1,200 from you anyway

3. How you are going to get service from them cause you live near then and they don't
lose out on that deal.

4. How the IS300's arn't exactly flying off the lots these days.

5. You see alot more IS300's sitting in the dealership lots these days then you did back in October.

6. Their first offer of only like $600 off the MSRP isn't close to your asking price. Do they want to deal or do they want you to leave.

7. When ever you don't see a price you don't like ask them "Tell me what you want me to do cause the price your giving me isn't FORCING me to buy the car, What do you want me to do?" (They usually don't say go home if they been dealing with you for 3 hours already). Tell them that you are willing to buy this car today if the price is right but they goign to have to Force you to buy it with a price that's close to your starting price.

8. what's fair? hum how about 31,300 you still make like 1,200 from me and you still get my car in for service cause I live right around the corner.

9. You've seen other people in the area get like $500 over invoice. "There's this website that I go to and people are getting deals on these IS300's, so I KNOW you can work with me. Well you know people are getting from Michigan and North Carolina, Don't make me have to go down there to get my car, cause I really want to get it here and you know I'll be bringing it back here for service."

10. I love LEXUS!!! I'll tell all my freinds about this dealership

11. Buy your Lexus from Lexus of Silver Spring heheh that's where I got mine. Hehe they are going to hate me cause I think I got one of the better deals.

12. When are you finished Hopefully you go home with a nice IS300 for 31,300 or close to that figure atleast.

[This message has been edited by FullyLoaded (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Are you serious? You mean to tell me that you have leather/escaine, heated seats, a moon roof, LSD, and you're gettin it for $31,300??
That's a steal bro. I got mine for $36K out the door (including everything). And my car has everything except the graphite rims and the wood trim. I think I got a pretty good deal. I don't remember how much over invoice it was, but I didn't get too much of a discount (the car had just come out).
Go for it!!!
And welcome to the club.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I bought, it was in the early days of MSRP all the way -- which I don't really regret because I am enjoying the car so much.

But please keep us posted on how you do, because I would be very interested to know how much my impatience wound up costing me.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
please keep us posted on what dealer you go to, and what they actually pay for the car from lexus. also, what options come with the car, because a fully load lex up in owings mills is 34,900 and i will definitely go down to bethesda or chantilly to get one for 3000 less! lmk, tia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought an IS300 that had the leather seats, sun roof, and dealer added tint for 32K + TTL. The MSRP with the dealer added options was 34,900. Hope these numbers help you make a better deal than I.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sup all~~ I don't have an IS300, but I like it~~ Anywayz, I think Lexus Of Rockville also sells IS300 around $31000. Donno if itz including TTL or not!! I will post wut their internet manager wrote back to me!!

"Thank you for your itnerest in the yellow IS300. I tried to call you, but can not get past the automated system?? Sorry.
Yes -we will take $31,000 on a loaded IS300.
We have other colors in stock as well!
Please contact me directly, I look forward to hearing from you soon."

Suzanne E. Jaffe
Internet Sales Manager
Lexus of Rockville
(301)762-9009
[email protected]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
SSWWEEEET! that is near me, thanks sharky

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi Chris: just spoke to you a few days back. You have a bargaining standpoint: IS 300 sales are down NOV and expected to be down til MAR due to the winter season and lack of Marketing support from Lexus.

There are a lot of IS' in the lots...you can get one fully loaded for 33.500! (Just speculating).

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
i got mine for 33,500 with factory installed spoiler and fully loaded about 4 weeks ago.

not including tax, title ECT.....

ONYX 01

P.S. in the midwest (Chicago) there are so many IS's on the lots with every available color and option out there

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by SharKy:
Sup all~~ I don't have an IS300, but I like it~~ Anywayz, I think Lexus Of Rockville also sells IS300 around $31000. Donno if itz including TTL or not!! I will post wut their internet manager wrote back to me!!

"Thank you for your itnerest in the yellow IS300. I tried to call you, but can not get past the automated system?? Sorry.
Yes -we will take $31,000 on a loaded IS300.
We have other colors in stock as well!
Please contact me directly, I look forward to hearing from you soon."

Suzanne E. Jaffe
Internet Sales Manager
Lexus of Rockville
(301)762-9009
[email protected]

Dunno if that price quote from Lexus of Rockville is real. If it is, it beats the price Lindsay Lexus quoted when I contacted them through the "Preferred Dealer" link on this website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts