Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just confirmed today by my dealer that a TSB has been released on the 08's for brake pad replacement for excessive dust. The pads have been ordered for me and should be installed soon.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Is this the same TSB that covers the '06 & '07, updated to include the new model year? Damn, you'd think they would just stop installing dusty brake pads at the factory at some point. :suspiciou

-Mike

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
they are high performance pads, thus create alot of dust....but do work well....its up to the individual if you want to get new ones, they likely wont last as long or do as good a job though....IMHO

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
service tech didnt say....jusr said it was released 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
3 Posts
bump

Anyone seen the TSIB for '08 models? I so much want to get a copy, so I can shove it into the face of the two stealerships that have both denied me the TSIB for my '08 250 AWD (Rallye Lexus and Ray Catena Lexus in NY), claiming that "we didn't notice any excessive brake dust".

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I've yet to see anyone show the TSIB has actually been updated for 08.... but some dealers will do it anyway as a courtesy... I'm certainly gonna give it a shot when mine goes in for the 5k service

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
I've yet to see anyone show the TSIB has actually been updated for 08.... but some dealers will do it anyway as a courtesy... I'm certainly gonna give it a shot when mine goes in for the 5k service
Anybody come up with the updated TSIB yet? Tundrasolutions.com used to be a great source for all Toyota/Lexus TSIBs, but unfortunately, they weren't able to renew their subscription this year. So now I'm in the dark like everybody else :(

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just checked TIS. The TSB has not been updated to include 2008 models. I haven't heard of a dealer turning away 2008's, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts