Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone know this car was coming out? It caught me by surprise when I saw an ad for this in the latest Road & Track.

WOW does this car have some killer headlight treatment...you gotta see it to believe it. They made it so there is a ring of light around the inner of the two pairs of "circles" in the headlight. All I can say is that headlight looks pretty damn sweet.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
the bimmer fan here knew it was coming =) i believe there'sa 525 and a 530 now...along with a 540(i dont' know if they changed it to 544)

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
I figured out I can get a Euro Delivery 530i 5 speed with sport/premium package and sport seats for $40,000. Of course I can't afford $40,000.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Yeah I knew it was coming... Every BMW model that had the 2.8 liter engine including the roadster, coupe, 3-series and 5 series (along with the new X5) will be upgraded to the 3.0 liter engine...
Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
the bimmer fan here knew it was coming =) i believe there'sa 525 and a 530 now...along with a 540(i dont' know if they changed it to 544)
Mr. Clam the 4.0 liter V8 was used from 1993 to 1996 in their 7 series (and later 540i). The 4.4 liter was used from 1997 to present (in the 5 and 7 series), however the badging never changed. 740i/iL and 540i have had the 4.4 liter engine for the last nearly 4 years now, so it's unlikely BMW will change the badging...
Eric....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Those pics dont do the headlights justice. You have to see them at NIGHT to know the effect they have. There is a ring that surrounds the outer headlight that is amber, and it offsets the xenon. Like I said, it looks wicked

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
probably not a purpose, i mean have you seen t side grills on the new m3? dont' tell me those are functional :p they claim that they are, and i think its for cooling the ECU or something but i think its mainly for looks

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
There's got to be something else too... I think it might have something to do with reducing glare from the Xenons....
Eric....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts