Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im jeff, and i recently purchased a brand new 2009 is250 fully loaded with the x package. Just wanted to come on the boards to learn a little about my car and meet some local people. I also own an Evo9 MR and the IS will be my daily driver. Ill get some pics up asap and hope to meet some of you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, got it. don't worry i have forum etiquette.

any advice on which springs, exhaust and intake to go with?

TIA

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
Depends on what you want, dude.

Aggressive:
H&R Sport Springs
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust
Injen Intake

Mild:
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust
Joe-Z Intake

·
Registered
5,052 Posts

TIA
Depends on your goals.

You already have the sport springs with the X package...anything aftermarket will be lower, but unfortunately progressive. If going for looks primarily that's not a problem... but then you need to decide how much drop you want (and how much tire life you're willing to give up)

Intake- Nothing adds noticeable power. The Joe Z is your cheapest choice to add the max 5 hp any intake will give you... there's a few other, more expensive, choices that'll give you hotter air but more noise. (and if you're in California the F-sport intake is your only legal choice)

Exhaust- Here again, not enough power gain to notice... so it's mainly for sound... You'll gain 5-7 hp from any axle-back and prices range from the excellent, less expensive, but relatively quiet tanabe around $700 to the Lexus/HKS exhaust for around double the price with the same gain but more noise. For full (illegal) exhausts you have the Joe Z and a buncha others... these will be in the $1200-1500 range generally and net you around 10-12 hp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on your goals.

You already have the sport springs with the X package...anything aftermarket will be lower, but unfortunately progressive. If going for looks primarily that's not a problem... but then you need to decide how much drop you want (and how much tire life you're willing to give up)

Intake- Nothing adds noticeable power. The Joe Z is your cheapest choice to add the max 5 hp any intake will give you... there's a few other, more expensive, choices that'll give you hotter air but more noise. (and if you're in California the F-sport intake is your only legal choice)

Exhaust- Here again, not enough power gain to notice... so it's mainly for sound... You'll gain 5-7 hp from any axle-back and prices range from the excellent, less expensive, but relatively quiet tanabe around $700 to the Lexus/HKS exhaust for around double the price with the same gain but more noise. For full (illegal) exhausts you have the Joe Z and a buncha others... these will be in the $1200-1500 range generally and net you around 10-12 hp.
thanks for the advice, i guess what i should have added is this car is going to be my DD im not looking to make it super fast or handle like its on rails. i just want a nice looking DD.

With that being said, what springs give the biggest drop without sacrificing ride quality? I was primarily looking at tein and eibach, but am open to suggestion.

·
Registered
575 Posts

TIA
lol ur not off to a good start wth that etiquette.... haha welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts