Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Toyota AS300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my.is!

I'm new here on the forums and I'm also the recent owner of a 2001 AS300 imported from Japan with only 110,000km on it. I'm from Botswana and we get Altezza's for a dime a dozen out here but this was a rare find out here for sure!

There's a huge subculture here with the Altezza as it's one of the go to cars for the 'spinning' competitions - and it's reliability of course. You also have no shortage of used parts here as people tend to crash them all the time! To give you an idea, I just bought the exhaust assembly from the muffler and the second silencer for only $30USD! I was also quoted about $150USD for an LSD from the RS200.

In the spirit of this forum, my first mod and my plan is to basically cut out the mid silencer and make a tail pipe out of it, then cut the OG muffler off and weld the new build onto it. This would allow me to keep my original muffler and bolt on this new build! Let me know if this is a bad idea! Haha

So thought I'd share a photo of the new beauty and also a photo of the kind of stripping yards we have here.

I'm so keen to learn more and get modding with this community!

Cheers from Botswana.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota AS300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL what the heck, that's an IS300 graveyard! Hopefully yours doesn't end up in there too. Looks pretty good already, and a straightpipe will definitely increase the sound.
Haha hopefully not! There is a whole part of town that sells a ridiculous number of import cars from Japan and there are endless breaking yards around the area.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts