Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Originally posted by ISx300:
Hmm...seems like the general consensus is that installing these bulbs makes your blinker blink really fast? Can you confirm this MYISRULZ?

Hmm...I don't think I'd really mind if they blinked really fast if they were BRIGHTER than stock....if they are actually weaker than stock bulbs like Martin says, I wouldn't want them. MYISRULZ says they are BRIGHT while Martin says they are less bright than stock...whats the deal??

Also, so they have red and amber colors available? Cool
I have the 8 LED one which are amber. I left one stock light and one LED and the stock light is around 2 times brighter. The reasone it's brighter is the mirror inside the light houseing is made for a regular builb. The LED lights basically shoot light straight out and not 180 deg. like an regular light. So the mirros inside the light houseing do nuthin @ all.

Maybe if i can find an LED with more than 8 LED's it might be worth it. But the 8 LED's just fit inside the ligh houseing as is.

[ April 26, 2001: Message edited by: Martin ]

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ok first i want to apologize for not posting the pics yet - loser friends did not give me the digi cam - i might go out and buy one
- so to answer the brightness question

i find that they are brighter - if u look at the light at eye level - they are certaintly very bright IMO - Martin is right about the reflection - that is why u can notice the brightness at eye level as the light is shot directly out - i mean i say get them and try them out - it is only 12 bucks - and as for the blinking - yes they do blink 2x fast - like if your blinker were going out - i kinda like it though -

MARTIN- did u try the red ones ?? i didn't change the ones up front to LED's - just the rear turn signals and i notice that the red ones are really bright - i am sending FAIRUZA a pair of them - so if i can't get a pic maybe he can -

[ April 27, 2001: Message edited by: MYISRULZ ]

·
Registered
861 Posts
Originally posted by MYISRULZ:
ok first i want to apologize for not posting the pics yet - loser friends did not give me the digi cam - i might go out and buy one
- so to answer the brightness question

i find that they are brighter - if u look at the light at eye level - they are certaintly very bright IMO - Martin is right about the reflection - that is why u can notice the brightness at eye level as the light is shot directly out - i mean i say get them and try them out - it is only 12 bucks - and as for the blinking - yes they do blink 2x fast - like if your blinker were going out - i kinda like it though -

MARTIN- did u try the red ones ?? i didn't change the ones up front to LED's - just the rear turn signals and i notice that the red ones are really bright - i am sending FAIRUZA a pair of them - so if i can't get a pic maybe he can -

[ April 27, 2001: Message edited by: MYISRULZ ]
How many LED's are in the one's you have? No i didn't try the red one's yet.. maybe i should.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I took some pic's of the LED blinkers. Click on the link in my signature to see them

You can tell there not nearly as bright.. But there only the 8 LED blinkers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know where you came from,. But I am also having problem like this. Did anyone of you installed it? anychance giving your experience?

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Wow, decade bump ...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts