Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. recently My compressor on my 2004 is300 stop working and now i ordered a new one but I cant find a step by step guide or instructions on how to swap them.

side note ( my car as no freon because with my old compressor the low pressure read high or empty)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hello all. recently My compressor on my 2004 is300 stop working and now i ordered a new one but I cant find a step by step guide or instructions on how to swap them.

side note ( my car as no freon because with my old compressor the low pressure read high or empty)
Here ya go buddy, get a copy for yourself

Looks like ill went ahead and pulled the right pages out, but the rest of the docs are in there for all other problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update i put 3 and a half cans of AC freon that are 12 ounce each but my gauge won't go past 32 psi which is true in the good but it's in the lower good and it feels like blow colder than 70 degrees even though ideally supposed to go below 60 so do I put more freon? I'm waiting for a friend of mine who has all the right gauges to come by but in the meantime I'm just curious.

Also it's been awhile since I had a AC but is your car supposed to shake a little with the AC on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well yesterday my gauge wouldn't go up and today my ac air felt like it was the same from outside and my compressor would turn on and off causing the shake so out of curiousity i checked and it says it was too high which would make sense because i put a total of 29 ounces of freon so took out some of and now it works fine...... for now

my friend with the right gauges will still plan to visit me so worse case scenario im good.

·
4,126 Posts
well yesterday my gauge wouldn't go up and today my ac air felt like it was the same from outside and my compressor would turn on and off causing the shake so out of curiousity i checked and it says it was too high which would make sense because i put a total of 29 ounces of freon so took out some of and now it works fine...... for now

my friend with the right gauges will still plan to visit me so worse case scenario im good.
If you did not vacuum the system down. You have air in the system and cannot get the right amount in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts