Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
You can't ask that question without knowing what the price is! :erm:

But I would expect the new IS to cost more. It has a lot more "stuff" than ours do.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
ska said:
Who thinks is overpriced? Please leave a comment on why...
Wow this thread will be going down the drain in a minute. This is great PL material. :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, from whats being said....250 AWD Loaded $38000, 350 Loaded $45000.

Flip, why down the drain....I'm sure is an issue for buyers

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Don't forget... "loaded" includes a lot of crap.

Our IS300's for example don't come with an "entertainment systems" that has 14 speakers, is produced by mark levinson, enables you to watch DVD's and has a reverse camera. Adding features such as this costs money!

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
I read (some where on this site in a thread) the official pricing will be announced on Oct 11.....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
ska said:
well, from whats being said....250 AWD Loaded $38000, 350 Loaded $45000.

Flip, why down the drain....I'm sure is an issue for buyers
For you it maybe overpriced...for some it maybe perfect. The pricing is very close to what the 3 series offers...and the New IS has alot of features for the money compared to the current IS300 now. Fully loaded actually what it means...fully loaded. Just wait for the official pricing to come out before jumping to conclusions. If you feel it's overpriced, then you're looking at the wrong category of cars to buy that will fit within your budget or financial situation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flipside909 said:
For you it maybe overpriced...for some it maybe perfect. The pricing is very close to what the 3 series offers...and the New IS has alot of features for the money compared to the current IS300 now. Fully loaded actually what it means...fully loaded. Just wait for the official pricing to come out before jumping to conclusions. If you feel it's overpriced, then you're looking at the wrong category of cars to buy that will fit within your budget or financial situation.
chill mang! I wanted to know what others think and the topic states..."New 2006 IS..Overpriced???" with question marks. Is a question.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If I could get a Sport Package IS350 for $40k that would be ok. Sounds like it will be closer to $43-$46k.

At that price I don't think it's "Over-priced", but more than I'm willing to pay for one. That's too close to S4 territory, maybe even base M3. Although realisticly an M3 with options I want would be pushing $60k.

And an IS250 does not tickle my fancy. Sounds like I might not be getting one after all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
AppStar said:
If I could get a Sport Package IS350 for $40k that would be ok. Sounds like it will be closer to $43-$46k.

At that price I don't think it's "Over-priced", but more than I'm willing to pay for one. That's too close to S4 territory, maybe even base M3. Although realisticly an M3 with options I want would be pushing $60k.

And an IS250 does not tickle my fancy. Sounds like I might not be getting one after all.
My dealer (Midwest Region) still does not know exactly what they are getting, but I'm hoping for:

IS350 with the Premium Luxury Plus Package
Mark Levinson with Navigation
18" wheels with summer tires
One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof with Rotary Dial (now standard?)

I'm really hoping it's about $42,500 or less (w/out Park Assist or PCS)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
what is that rotary dial thing?? it looks confusing.
It's actually very easy to use and much more intuitive as far as interface design compared to the old toggle switches. Once you have the controls and the positions memorized, there's no more confusing the tilt up/down and open/close buttons. I thought I would hate it at first but it's actually easy to use.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
SDIS300 said:
Compare it to a loaded 3 series, $50K, and ask yourself if it is over-priced.

Sam
Yup 330 is super over priced. lol has any one done the lease to loan ratio on a 330 everyone I know with one had leased it.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts