Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving through of all places today, lawndale and saw a brand new IS300, only thing is that it was a light baby blue/hint of purple metallic? Is this a new color for 2002 or a custom job?

·
Registered
301 Posts
hey check out my post in Inside and Out, I might have seen the same IS. I saw it at an LA Fitness in Los Angeles on wilshire. Had Jim Faulk Lexus of Beverly Hills plates, and it was that purpleish color

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
has anyone seen it at a standstill, so that the interior can be checked out?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe it's a fixed up civic customed to look like an Altezza. I get fooled too when I don't look at it carefully. Seen a bunch at car shows like that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, no, no I am not your average meat popsicle folks. No BS, this paint job looked like it was factory painted. no plates, it did have some dealer advertisement sheet where the plates should be however I was too far away to read it. The best comparison I can give you is a blue/light purple metallic along the lines of Robocop's blue armor (remeber that movie?) It is not a civic and no not a SBM.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm gonna be off topic a little bit here guy - BUT what the hell is taking Lexus so long to release the '02 model(Acura, Ford, and many others cars already release their '02 model). I can not wait any longer !!! Damn it Lexus...:)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes, I did take a close look at the car. As I mentioned I saw it in the parking lot of a gym. I checked out the interior very carefully and nothings different. No Nav, no armrest, automatic.

Which leads me to believe it's a custom paint job 2001. It's from Jim Faulk Lexus Beverly Hills, and has some crazy chrome 19"s on it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey sambusik we probably saw the same car. I was not flaming out on you, so no hard feelings.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Never took it that way
No worries. Yeah we prbly did see that same car. I'm just curious about it.. Might call Lexus of Beverly Hills and ask

·
Registered
49 Posts
TNGuyenis300---

you are sooooooooo right!!! i am desperately awaiting the '02 models to come out. i can't tell you how anxious i am for this car. sometimes i dream about it, and i just can't wait any more!!! the worst thing is, out of the 7 dealers i called, i got responses that ranged for release dates anywhere from mid aug. - late oct.! why doesn't lexus just set a date, atleast that way i would be more at ease.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
IS4me
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing