Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman informed me that his dealership will be receiving a red 5 speed somewhere between the dates of August 4th-11th. I just put my deposit down and am trying to wait patiently until it arrives. He also informed me that the full leather interior will be difficult to get in the 5 speed. It will be offered more in the automatics. This is valid information because he just came from a distribution meeting with Lexus reps.null

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow - I hope that's true on the delivery dates.

Originally posted by boot:
My salesman informed me that his dealership will be receiving a red 5 speed somewhere between the dates of August 4th-11th. I just put my deposit down and am trying to wait patiently until it arrives. He also informed me that the full leather interior will be difficult to get in the 5 speed. It will be offered more in the automatics. This is valid information because he just came from a distribution meeting with Lexus reps.null

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wonder how that is possible. Down here I have been told that there are not even any ships showing up on their allocation schedule with the 5 speed IS 300's on them. They told me that the allocation shipments that they have now will go into mid August.

I would check to make sure

·
11,062 Posts
It's gonna be fun to see who actually gets their hands on a 2002 first. Then we'll all know which dealerships are the most popular with Lexus.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Boot
Where in Illinois are you from? I'm curious because I'm going through Lexus of Naperville and I was told mid-August. Production began on them the first week of July (my understanding), and given that it takes anywhere from a week to 2 weeks to build, another 2 weeks to ship, and at least another week or two to transport from the West coast I don't see how the beginning of August is possible? Is my time frame that far off

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's gonna be fun to see who actually gets their hands on a 2002 first. Then we'll all know which dealerships are the most popular with Lexus.
NO KIDDING! I have dibs on the 1st one in my area! The GM at ours is a good buddy of mine so we shall see, problem is I live in the sticks so I dont know how much pull he's got.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Originally posted by boot:
Great news, hope it's reliable. Which Illinois dealer does your sales assoc. work at?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
which dealership is it, so i can call and bug them?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Boot I just thought of something this morning
You didn't happen to go through Lexus of Naperville did you? I ordered a red 2002 and they better not be trying one of those games, where here is your car but we want this price now because so and so is willing to pay a higher price. I know dealers have done that for other cars such as the PT Cruiser, but I have a hard time believing that Lexus would stoop that low.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
this must be total bull, he hasn't replied yet, anything about the dealership, and the url for that image is http://null . wtf is that about? i sure hope this is correct, but i really don't buy it anymore, at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is actually correct. Spoke to a friend, and up north there are already allocations for the IS 300 manual. The only colors that I saw were red, black, and silver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This boot again. I am getting my red 5 speed from Lexus of Peoria, IL. My salesman, Wally Miles, continues to believe that this particular car will be delivered to his dealership sometime during the week of August 4th - 11th. I certainly hope this is accurate. It will be interesting to see who gets theirs FIRST!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Of the ones that I saw they were all equipped the same. They are 5 speed with the escaine interior, heated seats, rear spoiler, limited slip, moon roof, wheel locks, and a cargo mat. They should be there mid toh late august.

I hope that this helps you

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
can you give out this info, of who to talk to, so that i can pick one up, or to talk to whoever it is and find out when one we be here locally? where is up north?<P>thank you!<P> <TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>Originally posted by Lexus Guru:
<STRONG>It is actually correct. Spoke to a friend, and up north there are already allocations
for the IS 300 manual. The only colors that I saw were red, black, and silver.<P>
Of the ones that I saw they were all equipped the same. They are 5 speed with the escaine interior, heated seats, rear spoiler, limited slip, moon roof, wheel locks, and a cargo mat. They should be there mid toh late august.<P>I hope that this helps you</STRONG></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IS300GTE on 2002-02-22 17:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i sure hope someone actually puts up some info on this one, something or someone that i can call and verify, i talked to lexus customer service and they have no idea, so being able to talk and feel someone else out from lexus, to see if they are full of it or not would be nice. anyone care to put up any contact numbers so i can test them?

·
Registered
40 Posts
With Lexus, all dealers have access to a central computer. It is called TDN. From there they can see allocations for for cars coming in within the next month. All they have to do is pull a locate for the specific area that you are in, they are generally split up into sections like northeast, southeast, etc. So when I say up north it is hard to say one specific spot. Up north mainly means around Illinois.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I'm glad you're still alive boot. Good luck down in Peoria, I hope you get the first one
Sounds like Lexus Guru is describing the exact car I ordered, except for the wheel locks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
13 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing