Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me a nice clean completely stock 2001 IS 300. First mod is going to be an air filter. Just needing some opinions on what route to take. I have read some posts, but still would like to hear some more opinions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
749 Posts
welcome

I did an intake (custom piping) and added a sub since my ears needed a little more thump, just a little as I am not into loud rattling cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with not to much thump, what size and brand sub/amp u go with? Although the stock stereo isnt to bad itself.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it acutally already has an k&n panel in the box, with a square looking air duct guiding air to the box. Is that all stock execpt the k&n? I am looking to either just add a more productive cone filter or the whole intake. I have read that some intakes get in the way of strut braces?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just check out both the srt and joe z the look i am wanting is the srt, can you rig a cone to a joe z pipe?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
- "i never understood this. why would you "mod" a car to look "stock" ?"

Because some people who have custom intakes like an SRT have had trouble at the dealer when they needed to have something fixed. They've been told that the issue is with their intake when it's probably not. Makes sense really. You have an intake you installed then later on start getting a CEL or something similar. Take it into the dealer and the first thing they see is custom equipment in there and assume that's what's causing the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mod a car to look stock
It is called the sleeper look
like my 92 Mustang GT built but looked bone stock unless u got under the hood

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
baadhabit said:
i never understood this. why would you "mod" a car to look "stock" ?
also, when going through smog checks or even if a cop checks your engine...its less evident than an aftermarket open element intake..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts