Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
im starting to do my research into doing a 1jz swap into my 02 is300 that is an auto...i know. but i want to swap everything over to make it a manual as well. hopefully this topic doesnt die because im still in the process of looking for articles on how to do this.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just purchased my 1jz gte this past weekend. I’m currently lookin for the intercooler, oil cooler, etc. now my question is, i have a jzx110 ecu with no immobilizer. I wanna use my a650e trans, now is it possible to run it with the jzx110 only, or do i have to use a dual ecu setup to keep everything functioning like oem? I have an 01, and plan to use the same harness since i read it’s practically identical to the jzx110 harness.
I think the easier route would be to use your stock ecu and harness on the 1jzgte, and then use a piggback or standalone ecu. Read thru a couple of the other threads on the subject and should make sense.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the easier route would be to use your stock ecu and harness on the 1jzgte, and then use a piggback or standalone ecu. Read thru a couple of the other threads on the subject and should make sense.

That’s is what i was looking at since one of my friends is a lexus tech. He told me that would be the best route as well. I’m looking into ems but can’t decide which one i want. I’m between aem and greddy. I’ll be reading the ems threads. Thanks bro for the help, i highly appreciate it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone ran the usdm ecu in parallel with the JDM ecu?
A couple people have and it is supposedly extremely easy to get a stock swap running like this. This is also my plan to get my JZX100 swap running with a jumper harness, the attachment has everything needed to get a parallel JZX100 ecu wired up for an 02-05.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
this thread has just saved me so many headaches i have been looking up swap info for weeks and i was only able to find stuff from early 2000s but this thread again has saved my life. now my question is i have a 2001 is300 and looking to throw a 1j in it and i dont know the motor mount situation for the swap will the is ones work or do i need to new ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Swap Experience

Ok here goes guys, I have a 2003 IS300 with a JZS171 1JZGTE swap, its been up and running for a close to a year now. First off this swap is fairly straight forward, but not for the faint at heart. I went through a lot of issues with getting the A/C to work, but i will explain how to make it work later. I'm not going to get too terribly technical for most part the swap is mostly common sense.

1. The JZS171 1JZ VVTI swap is direct bolt in, no modifying crap (with the exception of fuel lines)!

2. Wiring: the JZX110 pin diagram is the exact pin out for the JZS171. hands down. AND YES YOU WILL HAVE TO REPIN THE BODY HARNESS (IT EFFIN SUCKS!)! Just go slow and pay attention to what your doing, but its fairly easy with the right tools, just time consuming. The little plugs are also easy, but big to get right... I will be making an exact diagram soon.... you will have a lot of wires left over, just cut them back and tape them up.

3. For those that want to use the stock IS300 transmission (WHY)???? The A340LE that comes with the motor is perfectly fine and a lot stronger. Yes its a 4 speed, but are you building this for MPG, if so then why do it? I cruise daily at 80mph at 3k rpm. Not bad, My MPG is actually no different then when it had the 2JZGE in it (if i'm not boostin). My tiptronic still works, but my trans rips on its own and goes well into redline. Just make sure to change the filter and add fresh fluid, and ... do the seals... add a 3k stall and bam, let it eat some domestics.

4. This is a bit challenging - do the J-pipe delete, you'll thank me later. a piggyback with the capability of clamping the MAF is a must to get it to run perfectly, or add a airflow straightener.

5. Drive shaft bolts right up

6. Fuel delivery - Just get the Aristo pump hanger - you'll thank me later. 5/6th line for the return.

7. Finally the A/C, it WILL NOT WORK...... without a special box from my russian friend Yury Baranov on facebook.
He provides a box that will make the a/c work, not exactly like stock but it works. makes the ecu idle up and turns on the a/c compressor. Been using it for the last 4 months. works flawlessly.

Wiring on this swap is going to be the biggest headache of this swap, everything else is straightforward. Ask any questions, if ya'll have any. You will absolutely love this swap, this car should have came with it from the get go. And get an LSD if you dont have one. Good luck

Can be completed in a weekend, if you have everything needed.

can find my build on instagram, Mikeyracecar

·
Registered
80 Posts
post a link with Yury's work so the rest of us can have a look. I'd love to get in touch with him to sort out my a/c issues as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great thread guys. matches a lot of what I have read elsewhere.

One question i have is regarding the ecu's for the JZX110 and JZX171. Are these only Auto cars that they were in originally?

I have read that they are an easy swap (3 pins to be re pinned) but that's only from people with auto's. If they only came in auto's and I want to use it in a manual then that complicates things a lot more. Dual ECU's?, other options? What about aftermarket ECU?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm going to do my swap this year, JZS171 motor compression numbers just came in and the motor is now on the way. My car currently drives and drifts fine so I'm not in a rush. I am going to use my stock 5 speed tranny, when she dies she dies. I'm not going stand alone but will in the future, likely when the tranny gets replaced. I've never done a build thread and don't know if I will but I will definitely post my progress and updates here. I semi daily my car but as it's transforming it will likely end up a dedicated track car cause of emissions. While swapping I'm going to do my best to keep everything working but we'll see, I'm in AZ so A/c is pretty important.
Wel that's that wish me luck gents I'll update once I have something to update.
Paid 1800 shipped for my motor set from JDMofSandiego

21 - 34 of 34 Posts