Lexus IS Forum banner

New 1000hp 2jzge + t56 magnum-F build ecu questions

24K views 371 replies 18 participants last post by  G0tgot 
#1 ·
Got my first toyota, moving from hondas.

I have some questions i bought an aem infinity 7106 and wanted to know the best way to retain AC.

I read about keeping both ecus, and some were able to use just the infinity ecu but there are no writeups / how to's that i found that are step by step.

Was hoping for some direction.

I drove 800 miles to grab a 2003 is300 with a blown tranny and body is clean.

Converting to manual and going 7675 or 8285 on e85.

Currently waiting on grannas t56 mag -f swap kit . Dropped some dough, it hurt a little but looking forward to the final result.

#307 ·
On the bright side, the 4" full exhaust and Vibrant muffler combo sounds great. Mine was actually very quiet at idle, but on the dyno it was very loud from the front at high RPM. Cruising around there was no drone whatsoever. Inside the car on the highway, it felt like it had a stock exhaust with maybe a muffler delete. Very, very pleasant. I need to order new exhaust parts, I miss it.

#308 ·
So i raised the suspension 1" all the way around. When exhaust is properly mounted i measured 4" of clearance from ground to lowest point. I will adjust properly with scales and look for a 60/40 weight setup fot base once i get my wheel and tire combo all figured out.

Pending issues for tire and wheel setup is the widebody kit. I want to fit something nice when street driving on low boost with 3-4% slip im thinking, start here and adjust.

#316 ·
I think i need one functioning to pass nhra tech right?
From briefing googling, it seems like it’s only necessary for autos but can depend on how the tech interprets the rules.

Here’s a link to the 2023 rule set I’ve found: https://www.nhraracer.com/Files/Tech/2023_NHRA_Rulebook_23_08_23.pdf

Section 7A.2 under transmission it just says “All automatic Transmissions must have a neutral safety start switch and reverse lock device.” Nothing about manuals but won’t help if the tech disagrees.

If you do need to put one in, just splicing a switch where the NSS is normally shorted will work.

#317 ·
Can soneone help me identify lines on this evap system ? I am deleting it and mind you, ive never worked in a mechanic shop or dealt with these for emissions. I just want to run my fuel lines through here from the trunk. What do i need to do to allow proper venting and prevent any leaks ?

What is the hose circled in red?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Textile Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Plant Motor vehicle Bicycle part

#320 ·
I have a question on the aem infinity install.

Trim pot, rolling anti lag, and power/gnd

Trim pot and rolling antilag say 0-5v? Where do i source the 5v?

Power/gnd want to confirm 12v switchd as the manual is kinda hard to digest, it says 12v constant but i think thats for the engine bay side of the wire harness not the accessories.

Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Computer hardware Cable Electricity

#324 ·
0v reference
This is also known as a "sensor ground" - which is not the same thing as a chassis ground.

Your ECU will have a couple "sensor ground" or "0V reference" pins.

Again, Tweaked surely has wires terminated to those pins on the ECU already - and has spliced them out into branches to your various sensors - and probably some flying leads for you to use for the new peripherals.

#326 ·
Ok. So tweakd got back to me. Yes pwr is 5v and gnd is sensor ground for trim pot. The rolling antilag is just a momentary switch to ground. This clears up my confusion. Will be terminating these tonight and prepping my car , and bank account to go to my fabricator.

Thabk you for your help , glad i didnt run 12v to my 5v hot to hot, that could have been an expensive mistake.

#329 ·
Running into fitment issues with the power steering res relocate by chase bays and i may change up my setup. I am going to probably go with the brake booster delete cor chase bays dual piston 6:1 pedal ratio, manual break setup. I will be selling my is300 lines and valve to fund the changeover. I had a very detailed discussion with christian at chase bays over email and im convinced to try it out. The intention is to make room to get all of this to fit with the gato performance intake. Its just a tight fit. I still need a radiator overflow tank as well.

#332 ·
Has anyone converted the traction contol button to be used as a rolling launch button? Not sure if its momentary . Thought i would ask before i bought a new momentary button
Not sure if it’s latching but I’m pretty sure it isn’t since traction turns back on when you restart the car. (From my memory anyways. Can’t imagine why Toyota of all people would let people keep traction control off with a latching button) In any case if it’s latching, there’s a steel piece inside that you can just remove to turn it into a momentary button.

A quality momentary button FEELS nicer to click by a metric mile if that matters to you.