Lexus IS Forum banner
181 - 197 of 197 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I found the rear housing on gte for the gooseneck faces upward , where the GE rear housing faces left.

Getting closer. Afraid to put titan harmonic damper on all the way as i may not be able to get it off lol. Double checking all my timing belt stuff.

Next on the agenda, 10pt cage is almost finished. Ordered a gato in car catch can that mounts to the cage (posted below)

Window net quick disconnect and chute

Need to order injectors (2600cc)
Need to order tick performance upgrades for trans

Need to figure out paint / widebody rears

Sleeve Bag Musical instrument accessory Font Sportswear

Product Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Art Machine

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I ran into seat fitment issues today. The corbeau A4 sits righr on the b pillar.

Is it possible to modify the rails to sit closer towards the center of the car?

Has anyone done this before?

Rails are also from corbeau.

· Registered
2001 AR5 Swap, Built NA-T, Standalone
685 Posts
Sounds like you have to modify the bracket to get it to work, unless you pull apart the interior where it's hitting. I didn't think that would be an issue on these cars.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
There is a ton of room towards the center of the car so i will look into measuring how much i can modify the rails . Just makes me nervous a bit as we are playing with safety now. I need to nake sure its done rightm

· Registered
685 Posts
I understand your concern, but I've seen so many drift guys modify their rails to make them shorter. Just make sure you beef it up and it should be fine if not better than their welds.

· Registered
248 Posts
Fixed back seats hitting the B pillar is common. I had to mess with mine to get it where I wanted it and still fit. It’s close now but works though I only have a roll bar not a full cage like you. Zaclemore is right, common to mod seat rails, as a matter of fact I’m doing mine at the moment but because they’re too tall. If you’re not running the center console you’ll have even more room to use.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Yes a4 is a reclining seat as I will be driving the car mostly on the street and I can always swap it out when I go to the track.

As far as today goes a few things are on order

DON MUSK widebody kit from poland

Tick performance billet face for t56
billet shift forks with bronze pads
carbon blockers for 1-6
trans fluid pump

Through all my hours of reading and researching, the trans stuff..... may or may not be necessary however I cant afford a 6k$ gearset atm. so go with what I can.

· Registered
685 Posts
Tick performance billet face for t56
billet shift forks with bronze pads
carbon blockers for 1-6
trans fluid pump

Through all my hours of reading and researching, the trans stuff..... may or may not be necessary however I cant afford a 6k$ gearset atm. so go with what I can.
This sounds pretty sick, but a stock T56 is rated at "700" torque. The pump is gonna solve the majority of the T56's issues. I'm sure you want to be safe but that might not all be necessary for a JZ. Talk to Joel Grannas.

· Registered
685 Posts
I have spoken to joel, he had some different words of opinion on the pump idea.
Really? On high HP/high G applications the oil sloshes toward the back of the tranny which starves the front of it of oil. The main difference between a T56 and a TR6060 is the oil pump. Very strange he'd have other thoughts. I have seen this happen to other IS300 owners. If it happens to them, then it happens to everyone else too, at high power of course.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
I think he was more trying to tell me his gr1000 is tried and true and instead of me reading something on a forum i should trust his products. Hes a really busy guy. I mean realistically that is a bad ass trans (gr1000), however it has a heavy price tag. If i can get it done cheaper in a different way, he probly doesnt want to discuss that looking at it from his shoes. I am kind of cutting corners by not doing the REM polishing and cryo but at that point if i NEED that, then its time for a new gearset imo.

· Registered
1,671 Posts
Really? On high HP/high G applications the oil sloshes toward the back of the tranny which starves the front of it of oil. The main difference between a T56 and a TR6060 is the oil pump. Very strange he'd have other thoughts. I have seen this happen to other IS300 owners. If it happens to them, then it happens to everyone else too, at high power of course.
OP's trans build includes Tick's "billet front face" and "trans pump" - so I think you, Grannas and OP are in agreement that a trans pump and oil-spray arrangement is a good idea for high power cars.

FWIW, I think GM, Chrysler and Tremec also agree - considering the TR6060 variant of the T56 magnum also has the pump feature.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts