Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today my new HID bulbs came in and after "fairly" easy install (though the lack of space can be frustrating) I like the results of the 10000k bulbs...though i might just drop down to 6000k since its the brightest light..i know wasting money :jawDrop:

might just use the 10000k to convert my High beams to HID since Mf'ers around here like to flash their lights at people for no apparent reason...so i might as well blind them suckers.

New lower control arm bushings will be pressed in and installed on car by the end of the week...(decided against new control arms)

The IS might start looking good again after all :cool:

Pictures:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I knew 10000k weren't the brightest, but I like the color (though people say blue is so 90s...hahaha)

Either way I will find a use for them even if I do order the 6000k eventually

Another task is figuring out why I have a slight "hesitation" while from from stop to rolling.....transmission slip maybe? I'll save it for another thread topic though

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Another task is figuring out why I have a slight "hesitation" while from from stop to rolling.....transmission slip maybe? I'll save it for another thread topic though
Does it feel like your car doesnt accelerate when you press the accelerator right when you come out of reverse or park? My brothers bmw 330ci does this when he reverses or comes out of park to drive in the first five seconds or so. For him though its apparently a defect in that particular year and model. Only happens the first time he tries to accelerate when his car has been idle for 4 to 6 hours.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Does it feel like your car doesnt accelerate when you press the accelerator right when you come out of reverse or park? My brothers bmw 330ci does this when he reverses or comes out of park to drive in the first five seconds or so. For him though its apparently a defect in that particular year and model. Only happens the first time he tries to accelerate when his car has been idle for 4 to 6 hours.
I have that same issue.. but im' going to check the tranny fluid first.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have 6k now and think i want to trade someone for 8k..looking for a tad more blue.. also, try cleaning your MAF sensor...i just cleaned mine for the first time since buying my car and it really helped out my hesitation problem..i hit the gas for the first time and my head snapped back!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its only right when I start to move...but its more like everytime i got from standing still to driving...not just in 4 to 6 hour intervals

I also plan on changing the tranny flush either today or tomorrow which could solve/help the problem and I can check out the MAF sensor too...would be nice to get the "head snap" feature back...right now its more of a "here it comes and then were off" type of acceleration..lol

I hear for the brightest light stay between 5k-7k...but Im going to rock the 10000k for while and see how I like them

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
i have 6k now and think i want to trade someone for 8k..looking for a tad more blue.. also, try cleaning your MAF sensor...i just cleaned mine for the first time since buying my car and it really helped out my hesitation problem..i hit the gas for the first time and my head snapped back!
I have some 8k for you! I want 6k

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try tightning your throttle cable. That helped with the slight "hesitation" feel i had from taking off from a stop.

Thanks, when I get the time I will look into doing that

Painting Stockies and changing LCA bushings are also on the project list

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
So today my new HID bulbs came in and after "fairly" easy install (though the lack of space can be frustrating) I like the results of the 10000k bulbs...though i might just drop down to 6000k since its the brightest light..i know wasting money :jawDrop:

might just use the 10000k to convert my High beams to HID since Mf'ers around here like to flash their lights at people for no apparent reason...so i might as well blind them suckers.

New lower control arm bushings will be pressed in and installed on car by the end of the week...(decided against new control arms)

Actually, the brightest bulb is our stock bulb (4300K) because it puts out the most lumens. Philips just came out with a new bulb called "Crystal Vision" and it's 5000K (85122CX) for D2R & D2S. Then there's the Ultinon 6000K (85122WX) and the PIAA Super Cobalt 6600K. I can get a killer deal from a rep I know at PIAA.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, the brightest bulb is our stock bulb (4300K) because it pit out the most lumens. Philips just came out with a new bulb called "Crystal Vision" and it's 5000K (85122CX) for D2R & D2S. Then there's the Ultinon 6000K (85122WX) and the PIAA Super Cobalt 6600K. I can get a killer deal from a rep I know at PIAA.
Oh really? I never knew 4300k was actually the brightest...but then again most sites only list 6k thru 25000k and say that the 6k is the brightest...guess that means out of those.

Either way my 10000k's are already growing on me...now for HID Halo's and Brights maybe? or is that just wasting money?

·
Registered
217 Posts

where are them pictures at?

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
I've been going to HID Retrofit Parts Projectors Ballasts D2S Bulbs and they have a wealth of information. Especialy the forum HID Planet University. The higher you go up in the kevin scale, the less intensity and illumination. Don't get me wrong, the higher K values are cool looking if that is your goal they're just not the sharpest. I actually like the Ultinon 6000K and I am well aware of what I'm giving up. Best wishes nonetheless.

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just got my LCA bushings from Top Speed and they dont look like these. They look just like the ones pressed into the control arms though so i know they are the right ones.

Thats not exactly what I want to hear man :jawDrop:

but I did see these were recommended on a huge thread about replacing bushings...the guy gave a different link but the ones I ordered have the same part number as the ones he listed

here is the link

http://my.is/forums/f89/alignment-woes-stock-suspension-need-input-390629/

unless i read wrong or understood wrong..

and I will get pics up soon..I am at work and my car was in the shop all day today

I'll begin wheel painting tomorrow too...hopefully my bushings arrive as well

As for lights, I know the higher the number you are just burning off light and losing brightness, but for now the 10000k has my vote...but i could change them anyway lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.