Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and its the best color too :)
had to drive it home in a blizzard, been snowing/raining/ice'ing non stop since i got her... im totally ashamed to post these horribly dirty/crappy pics but i got a problem. (first day it goes above freezing im doing a full wash/wax/detail and then a proper photoshoot, i promise, lol)

The taillights... thats not just the lighting.. its 2 different types.
Now before I even got the car I was planning on replacing the chrome tails but apparently one of them was already replaced by someone who didn't know what they were doing. So I need to order a new drivers side taillight but need it to match the other obvioiusly.

Can anyone tell from these pics what the right taillight is? did they make factory tails darker like that or is it aftermarket? looked around at a few sites selling OEM parts and their pics are so small I cant make a good comparison.

.....or if I find some nice 3rd party ones I may just replace em both

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Almost looks like the right one was painted ggp. The left one looks like its the stock chrome color.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i think it looks like it has chrome. probably the black chrome

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
you could always just paint them or tint them

·
Registered
565 Posts
like others said, theres plenty of people you could send them to and have painted for less than $100 both, cheaper than buying one new taillight.

and the one does look painted to match like JPlexIS said

·
Registered
316 Posts
welcome to the forum.. u live around chicago? and dont tell me your name is luke.. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Active Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Lexus IS300 Tail Light
found this link, 2nd and 3rd on that list say its 'dark metallic' and its only $115

although painting em would be better, i was reading the diy on this site and ive got all the stuff to do it myself. might be worth a try, then I could paint em completely black like I wanted

welcome to the forum.. u live around chicago? and dont tell me your name is luke.. lol
bout 30 min away from chicago in the suburbs.. not luke /shrug

·
Registered
565 Posts
yea if you can DIY thats way better anyways. some people dont like to dremmel open their tail lights in risk of effing up. but black would be best

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it looks like one tail is chrome and the other is black chrome.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice IS300, looks just like the one I bought last week. I also had to drive it 2 days home in snow/blizzard at times haha. Automatic or 5-speed?

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
If you're interested in painting them, I can do that for you, and I live out in woodridge, so I'd be local. I charge $150 for the pair.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
inspar8 does great work!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
nick does do awesome work^^^^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts