Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought myself an '03 IS 300! I'm really excited about doing some work on it. Finally got some pictures of it. So far I've done just a couple little things. New tires, Tinted windows with 20% tint, and got myself a 12" JL W6 with a 500 watt amp to lessen my hearing even more. Looking forward to upgrading my brakes and powder coating my calipers. Also looking forward to a Tein Comfort sport suspension. Tell me what y'all think!

·
Registered
827 Posts
welcome and nice car!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Very Nice! Love the BO and lovin the BFG's that are wrapping around your stockies! Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Good Stuff!

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Welcome.

Also, you can do lots of simple, cashless mods on your car. For instance DIY for foglights to come on without lights. Get rid of the DRL(daytime running lights). Many other simple costless things. ;)

Good luck and search a lot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats on the ride! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we do!

Assuming your car is 5 speed, the first mods to do in my opinion would be to remove the CDD(clutch dampening device) and put in a throttle cable spacer. They both cost almost nothing and you will definitely feel the difference they make. Also, a short shifter is a absolute must! After that, the mod bug should be in full effect and thats when the real fun starts!

This site has so much info about anything and everything IS. Enjoy.

Aloha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the ride! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we do!

Assuming your car is 5 speed, the first mods to do in my opinion would be to remove the CDD(clutch dampening device) and put in a throttle cable spacer. They both cost almost nothing and you will definitely feel the difference they make. Also, a short shifter is a absolute must! After that, the mod bug should be in full effect and thats when the real fun starts!

This site has so much info about anything and everything IS. Enjoy.

Aloha
Thanks much! yea i had to go with a manual. i knew i wouldn't like driving an automatic. I'll have to do some searching on the CDD but sounds pretty good. and yea def want the short throw shifter.
Thanks

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Welcome, looks good. Post up pix after you get the other mods done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea i absolutely love the black with tan int. although it was really really hard to find the black+tan int+ 5spd man... but def worth it!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Welcome, congrats!

·
Registered
102 Posts
nice ride...just like mine black onyx with tan interior...happy modding!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wish I could get rid of my front license plate. Looks sooo much sexier without it. Very clean, I like it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts