Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll
..... Great to have an IS.....

Another 02 GGP here on the board...........
41,000 miles, navigation, very good condition!........

SOme Concerns......
Headlight condensation.... I know its been covered in many topics, but I wonder how you guys delt with ...... my warranty is up..... 4 years, i forgot they could buy it in 01.... i was kinda pissed........
Also....... when you i have the back windows rolled down i hear like a weird thumping humming noise, im thinkin its just the aerodymanics of the car, it just gets loud with the back ones down when im going above like 40 mph.........
Also Cd player skips songs after like song 8 on all of my burned cd's???? Anybody heard of that one ?
Last newb question.........im not sure if its jus the suspension, or i got a serious problem, but when my tire is turned all the way left or right, it looks like the wheel is sideways, like hella camber, like its bout to fall off? It is stock............ I think im just hella over reacting, but just curious.........

And all 02's are on 7 year 70,000 mile powertrain correct?

Too many questions! thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Im not sure about all your questions, but as far as the burned CD one. I play burned CD's all the time and have been for the past 5 years in 01 that I bought in 00. I have never had any problems with them and certainly nothing past track 8.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well to try and answer your CD player problem, I've heard that burned CD's do not work too well in our IS300. You can try and go to your lexus dealership and even though your car is out of warranty, tell them that this is a very well known problem and print some posts from some of the .net members here and print out the TSB for it too to prove it. If this does not work then oh well at least you tried. Also when you turn your wheel all the way to the left or right, the wheel is suppose to be sideways. It is so that you have better traction control when turning. This is common so this part is not a big deal. As for the condensation and thumping humming, sorry but I can't really answer these questions, hopefully someone else on here can.

-Charles

·
Banned
328 Posts
My car does make a loud sound when the back windows are down althought i wouldnt call it a thumping sound. I suppose it is due to the aerodynamics of the car so if you leave your front windows up and have the back ones down the force of the air coming in will hit our back window and cause that noise but i dont think it means anything is wrong. As long as you keep them all up or all down there shouldnt be a problem. As for the cd player mine was already replaced once under warranty but now that my warranty is up i dont know if they would be as willing to replace it a second time if i jam it with my cdr's. I havent had any condensation in my lamps yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts