Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
25,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Hi, I'm beefytee. I used to be a regular around here.
Since I stopped posting I have had 2 kids and moved to a house in the burbs.

What's up with the rest of you old school .net pigfuckers?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
During my IS heyday, which was probably 2006-2008(?) things were OK.

Now, I've been unemployed after being laid off last year and am nearly homeless. All my money is gone and I've been selling off all my possessions. As of today, I have no gas money and the gas light is on in the SC. Insurance due next month along with rent and a phone bill, tons of bills and no means to support myself. Not sure I'll be able to get back here ever again.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
During my IS heyday, which was probably 2006-2008(?) things were OK.

Now, I've been unemployed after being laid off last year and am nearly homeless. All my money is gone and I've been selling off all my possessions. As of today, I have no gas money and the gas light is on in the SC. Insurance due next month along with rent and a phone bill, tons of bills and no means to support myself. Not sure I'll be able to get back here ever again.
As the OLD parking lot would say; Sucks to be you!

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
I joined the same month that .net went offline and became my.is. However, my join date is incorrect. It should be Jan

I too was laid off last year and decided to work the unemployment system and went back to school. Im calling this, mid life retirement :cool:

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Wow I forgot this place existed

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
keeping it simple. on kid. one wife. two houses. three cars. 4 jobs. #blessed
those of you who are currently in one of the many troughs in the wave of life.....the only way to go is up. life comes in cycles. ride the wave. set goals, move fwd.

leveled up from the IS300 to this..... still going up.

Attachments

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
keeping it simple. on kid. one wife. two houses. three cars. 4 jobs. #blessed
those of you who are currently in one of the many troughs in the wave of life.....the only way to go is up. life comes in cycles. ride the wave. set goals, move fwd.

leveled up from the IS300 to this..... still going up.
I need guidance :grin:

Explain how to get to the top, following your path?

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
Hi, I'm -Tom-, and I'm a recovering PL'er.

I'm almost done with my mechanical engineering degree, have a year left. After college I plan to relocate to Colorado, lots of good beer there. I still have my IS300, its at about 165,000+ miles.

I'm 30 and the only thing I have to show for my existence on this planet is a 12 year old "luxury" car that has been destroyed by college parking lots. Oh, and a hell of a beer collection...what the hell is wrong with me?

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Damnmit, miss the old IS days.... :( sad guy here...
Your join date and post count suggest you don't know much about the old days, rookie.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Damn, could be a couple years since I last checked in. Wonder if bartkat is still kickin it? Gonna check that watch thread now.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
This parkinglot is a ghost town, compare to the rep wars back in the day. i'm probably on my third account from being BAN because of parkinglot politics..

·
Registered
764 Posts
On my fourth IS, this is getting obsessive - I know. I also have a Z3 Coupe (clownshoe), and miata as a random project. I'm climbing the corporate ladder, bought a house, still single (on the W2 at least) and got two corgis. The IS game has gone down hill without sophie and his random foot fetish pron and lack of legit vendors and turbo builds. What do you expect when you can get an IS for 5k and slam it with some riceland coils and call it "modded"

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
47 Participants
What 'Is' Is
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing