Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I need some ideas. My nephew is graduating from Riverside Miliatry Academy (Gainsville, GA) in May. I don't know what to get him for a gift. My budget is under $600.

Portable DVD player?
(A watch is out, 'cause I think his grandfather is getting him one.)

Ideas welcome.

(He is going to college, I just don't know where yet.)

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isekii said:
give him $599

he'll prolly need it when he gets to college
Hopefully, he won't. He's waiting on an ROTC scholarship. :wink:

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jashikdave said:
buy him an IS300 :lol:
Hey, I've got a budget here. Besides, Mom said he can have the 1966 Mercedes with the fuzzy seat covers and wire wheels...and 302 Ford engine.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
butt plug basket..........the perfect gift for the new college student he will make new friends in no time........

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Get him a gift certificate to Abercrombie & Fitch. That's what all college kids wear. Or a nice leather jacket.

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justin.b said:
Give him $600 towards tuition and a financial aid application so he doesn't have to sign his life over to Uncle Sam...

-Justin
He wants to be a pharmacist, so I doubt they'll be shooting at him soon. His Mom told him that she's tapped his schooling fund with six years of boarding school, so he has to find some other way to pay for college. The Army is convenient.

·
Registered
202 Posts
hehe.. price of an IS: $33k OTD, you being the coolest aunt: priceless :D i think its worth it..hehe

but seriously, get him a notebook computer. i was at the ucla library the other day studying for a final and like 50% students there had laptops...i was amazed, but most of them werent studying but rather chatting or listening to music. this gurl next to me was buying stuff on abercrombie. she had her cc out and stuff too..hahha.

plus notebook nowadays plays DVD. just spent $400 more its totally worth it (for him that is). Split the cost with somebody else :D

SeattleSheila said:
jashikdave said:
buy him an IS300 :lol:
Hey, I've got a budget here. Besides, Mom said he can have the 1966 Mercedes with the fuzzy seat covers and wire wheels...and 302 Ford engine.

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TexIS300 said:
get him 2 hookers. its not kosher but he will be forever grateful.
I'm sure his Army buddies will fix him up...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
17 Participants
SeattleSheila
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing