Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking to supercharge my IS with the PLP Supercharger kit after new years and I was wondering if since it only produces around 280 to the wheels, will I need to built up my tranny with a VB, tranny cooler, and sprang upgrade or would just the vb uprgrade be ok. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hey I am looking to supercharge my IS with the PLP Supercharger kit after new years and I was wondering if since it only produces around 280 to the wheels, will I need to built up my tranny with a VB, tranny cooler, and sprang upgrade or would just the vb uprgrade be ok. Thanks for the help.
vb will be fine, it is said that it can hold perfectly for 350, but for me my sprag broke but i don't know how much i was pushing, but i was at 9 psi so.. mid to low 300's? but for you 280, vb is perfectly just fine with the tranny cooler

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i have the valve body on mine, the shifts are definently crisper, well worth it. i dont have the tranny cooler installed yet though, that will be soon

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
just curious, but doesnt the IS already have a transe cooler? isnt the radiator split some for coolent and some for trans?

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
ok so what do you do about the lines going to the radiator? do those lines just connect into a new cooler?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts