Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of getting new volks but will these specs fit

18X7.5 + 43 offset
18x8.5 + 38 offset

225 front tires
255 rear tires

(i know the rears wont fit w/o being shaved. if i roll or shave the fender, and decide to get a drop, will they fit ?

will the calipers clear as well.. let me know =)

Thanks
- Arie

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if i change the rear tire to 245 or 235, will that clear a drop of about 1 - 2 inchs ? since im gettin coilovers ? im not realy sure what you mean by the rear offset is too low and has to much tire... does that mean it wont clear my caliper or what ? sorry im kinda confused

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
offset too low means that the wheel and tire will not sit inside the wheelwell.
think (not to be racist or anything) mexican style. with the 13" wheels that stick out from the side of the car. (maybe not to that extent, but that is just trying to give you an example)

too much tire means simply that. i run a 245 on my 8.5. it seems to be the common tire size for that width. you could run a 255 but it would be wider and hence take up more space in the wheelwell.

the tire might help. but you would have to go JDM VIP style. run negative camber in the rear and stretch your tire (so like a 225 on the 8.5). I am not an expert and might be wrong.

someone has the 8.5 w/ a +38 in the rear:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=262364
ask the person in the second post.

·
Registered
44 Posts
just recently got some volks myself...i ran a 225/40/18x7.5 in the front with a +48 off set and a 255/35/18x8.5 in the rear with a +50 offset. no rubbing problems for me at all.. Did'nt even have to roll my fenders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts