Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an '01 IS300. The previous owner added a few things to the car, now I am going to have to work backwards for a bit.

I am no mechanic but have noticed a few weird things. First off

(Arrows A) What does this sensor thing connect to. All I have is about 1" of hose with a flat head screw pluging it up.

(Arrows B & C) Also there is a metal hose that looks like it should connect to somthing. What should it be connected to?

Why would all this be disconnected?

Could anyone of you take a look at your IS and post where these things should connect to...

TIA,

Chris

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
(A) Is supposed to connect to the intake after the MAF but on the SRT intake it is on the top of the Filter before the MAF, not sure exactly what its function is though.

(B) and (C) have nothing connect to them stock, so I am unsure what their purpose is as well.

·
2,033 Posts
CarbonIS300 said:
(A) Is supposed to connect to the intake after the MAF but on the SRT intake it is on the top of the Filter before the MAF, not sure exactly what its function is though.

(B) and (C) have nothing connect to them stock, so I am unsure what their purpose is as well.
not exactly sure but I belive they are just vents :-? ran 2 hoses from them to under the engine bay and no more oil under the hood :-?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
a is a part of the SRT that you simply wire tie to the intake heat shield. See if you can dig up the SRT install instructions and you'll find out which tube is actually used. I think it looks ok, but double check the instructions. They just wire tied it somewhere else rather than where most people tie it.

B and C are normal. They don't connect to anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts