1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, need to find a shop that stocks yellow bulbs for 2nd gen fogs

thanks to all

Reactions: Crester

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Some people are just putting a yellow overlay over the fog lamps Or you could put 3000K (yellow) HID's in.

I just checked the bulb guide and it says the fog lamps are 9006's. Couldn't you just goto Canadian Tire and get yellow bulbs? 9006 is a pretty common size.

If all fails you can goto one of the Asian malls. They have everything there.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Some people are just putting a yellow overlay over the fog lamps Or you could put 3000K (yellow) HID's in.

I just checked the bulb guide and it says the fog lamps are 9006's. Couldn't you just goto Canadian Tire and get yellow bulbs? 9006 is a pretty common size.

If all fails you can goto one of the Asian malls. They have everything there.
i've checked canadian tire and haven't seen it. walmart used to carry yellowish "weather" bulbs a while back.

pac mall is your best bet, but watch out for the cheaper brands. they run at a higher wattage and can possibly burn/melt the harness/connectors after some time.

Reactions: siren05

·
Registered
568 Posts
chunks is right, pac mall is the place to get them. They usually run about $40 for a set, not too bad. I had a set last me a year plus.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
At Pacific Mall - look for Nokya yellow 9006 - I believe that the Stage 1 version will run at the lower wattage 7000K (about 80W) you require. These should cost you about $30.00 a pair and are a pretty good bulb. I have had a pair of 9005's in my daytime running lamps for over 2 years.

Digger08

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
merci

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
So newbie question. Is the IS3 Fog Light housing Clear or is it Yellow?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clear;)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
So newbie question. Is the IS3 Fog Light housing Clear or is it Yellow?
The IS300 fog lamps use a clear bulb. There's a yellow lens INSIDE the fog lamp housing.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on my old IS300 it was clear bulb and housing

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I think different years of IS300's had different fog lamp bulbs and housings. But I know mine has a yellow lense.

Did you find your yellow bulbs for your IS250?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think different years of IS300's had different fog lamp bulbs and housings. But I know mine has a yellow lense.

Did you find your yellow bulbs for your IS250?
The canadian ones got the clear lens/clear bulbs. not sure if it was trim related. i think 03+ were all yellow lens when they changed it to accept an H3 bulb

but for the 01-02 with the 9006 bulbs, you got either the yellow or clear.

I have the clear on my 02 premium package (full leather, 6 disc, moonroof, blah blah blah)

but i know of 2 guys who had 02s with leather/suede and no moonroof and they had clear lenses, clear bulbs as well. so i don't think it was trim level related.

i know marc_lexus_29 has clear lenses as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
CT carries Nokya bulbs, but they are special orders most of the time. you have to look it up in their catalogs

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I bought some 9005 bulbs for my high beam at the show this weekend for $20 from evolution motorsports

1 - 14 of 14 Posts