Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so got 1 flat and a screw in another...
tires prolly have 1-2K miles left, so 1st of all, do I replace all 4 or just 2??

As for TIRE SELECTION (i've got 18" ltuned wheels, 225/40/18 tires)
Lexus wants $1300 :eek: for 4 Michelin Pilot Sports (what i've got now)...
They've lasted 24K miles so far.

I need a tire that performs just as well as this one, hopefully one that will last as long. Does another tire exist?

thanks!
-Bryan

p.s. currently checking prices at other places...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Don't goto Lexus to get new tires unless they're giving it to you free under warranty. They will rape you, goto a reputable tire shop in you area and you will save $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DL said:
Don't goto Lexus to get new tires unless they're giving it to you free under warranty. They will rape you, goto a reputable tire shop in you area and you will save $$$$$$$.
on the phone as we speak, :wink:
Any other tire suggestions?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
bk9...i have the same tires as you...you should be able to find the michelin PS for about $200 each plus or minus $20...lexus is ripping you off

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ltunedgirl said:
bk9...i have the same tires as you...you should be able to find the michelin PS for about $200 each plus or minus $20...lexus is ripping you off
Did you get them from a local shop or off the internet?
thanks ltuned.

-Bryan

·
Registered
483 Posts
try tirerack. the dealer is almost always gonna charge you more. also, if you visit the tirerack website, you can compare different tires.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
bk9 said:
ltunedgirl said:
Did you get them from a local shop or off the internet?
thanks ltuned.

-Bryan
i got the price from tirerack but the shop here will match any advertised price...i was also able to use a coupon from costco for $60

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enevel12 said:
try tirerack. the dealer is almost always gonna charge you more. also, if you visit the tirerack website, you can compare different tires.
Yea, just got off the phone w/ those guys. Unless Lexus is willing to budge on the price (waiting to hear back), I'll be buying from tirerack.

thanks for the quick responses.
-Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts