Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for some new tires and I need soem help. I got it narrowed down to three all season tires. Im looking for the BEST tread life while still having good dry/wet performance of the three. I dotn care about snow cause i have a snow tire.

They are:
Toyo Proxes 4
Kumho ECSTA ASX
PIRELLI PZERO NERO M+S

Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
IRON CITY said:
Its time for some new tires and I need soem help. I got it narrowed down to three all season tires. Im looking for the BEST tread life while still having good dry/wet performance of the three. I dotn care about snow cause i have a snow tire.

They are:
Toyo Proxes 4
Kumho ECSTA ASX
PIRELLI PZERO NERO M+S

Thanks for any help you can give!
Remember tread life and wet dry traction are oposite of each other. It is like saying, I need the most expensive cheapest widget you have. Wet and dry traction is functional upon the tread wear which is in the form of a number on a tire. Example my tires are a 300 treadwear.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M&S

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Pirelli&model=PZero+Nero+M&S

In a 400 treadwear on a 215/45/17 this tire should be fairly sticky. It is also an A for wet traction, not a AA and has an A for heat dissipation. Read the reviews on each too. I am not sure how your climate is, so you may have to do a little more common sense research. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pirelli Pzero Nero. Excellent tire, I replaced my dunlop sp 9000's with these. Very good traction in the wet and snow, acceptable for the summer.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the help. I liked the Pirellis too, but i am a little concerned about the A traction rating. So i guess i am still not sure which one to go with.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
03sport said:
BFG G-force sports

traction AA
treadware 340
$113 a piece for 245-15-ZR17
yeah those are all season

another tier to look at but i thinkits a bit more money than you want t spend - yet still coming down is teh micheline pilot sport a/s

but of those listed i woudl go for the pirelli - good tire

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've had my nero's for 2 years 25,000 miles on stock rims and this winter im going to 18's the wear is good considering I like to corner hard, can see the wear inidcators though. Im going to stick with the nero's when i change my rims, excellent tire.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got ALMOST 28k miles on my car and getting ready for my third set of tires. The rear tires wear like crazy. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts